This steam red fish is Very tasty. At first, cleaning this fish would be a very hard job. Once you get the hang of it, you can clean all kind of fishes. At the bottom I have the recipe how to clean and steam the fish. There are some bones in the fish, but just be careful eating. The meat inside is very awesome and tasty. The best combination would be with rice with all the sauce in the fish. You would love it once you eat it. Try making this steam fish and enjoy.
1. Take the package frozen redfish out of the freezer
2. Take out the as many redfish and put it in a bowl of warm water and soak the frozen redfish
fish in the bowl, to unfrozen it for about 4-5 min.
(note: If you are using the whole bag of fish then soak the whole bag in the warm water.)
3. Put on a pair of dish washer gloves
4. Take redfish out of the bowl.
(note: If using the whole bag, open the bag with a scissors and take the fish out of the bag.)
5. Wash the fish.
6. Take a knife and fish. On an angle of the knife, scrape off the
scales everywhere on the fish.
(note: Make sure the fish is clean without any scale.)
7. Take a scissors and cut a straight line on the stomach almost
to the middle.
8. Take out all the disgusting intestine, the red guts and also the mouth guard out of the fish.
(note: make sure the fish is all clean inside.)
9. When it is all clean. Rinse inside and make sure there is no dirty thing
10. when it’s all done. Rinse the fish again. Place it in a mixing bowl to get all the water out.
1. Put the fish on the plate.
2. Slice up a couple of ginger and set it aside.
(optional you can slice the ginger the way you want)
3. Put on one dish washing glove
4. Sprinkle some salt on the fish on both sides.
5. Put some soya sauce on the fish on both side and rub it all around.
6. Add a bit of garlic powder on both sides.
7. Sprinkle a bit of garlic powder on both side, bit not to much.
8. Sprinkle a little bit of turmeric on the body.
9. Add in a bit of turmeric inside the fish to prevent the fish from having a not
a fresh smell when you eat it.
10. Put a couple of ginger on top of the fish and inside also.
(Note: Putting ginger inside the finish can prevent the fish from having a not a fresh smell when you
11. Take a steamer pot out and boil some water with a rack inside.
12. Once the water is boiling hot, put the fish inside the steamer and close
13. Cook the fish for about 10-12 mintues
(note: A large fish steam for 12 minutes. small fish steam for 8-10 minutes. It all depend on the size
of the fish.)
14. Once the fish is ready. Use a knife and stick in the middle
and feel if the knife touch the bone. Then you know if it’s ready.
15. When the fish is ready. Use a kitchen mitten and take it out and place it on the table.
16. Enjoy this wonderful steam fish.