These Chinese broccoli are very delicious and easy to make. You can buy these Chinese broccoli at a Chinese supermarket. Look at how greenly and beautiful it came out after boiling from the water.
This is a perfect combination dish that goes well with noddles or rice. Which every choice of your desire. The Chinese broccoli are very healthy vegetable to eat. Boiling Chinese broccoli are very healthy also. If you like the chinese broccoli to be crunchy, You do not need to boil it longer. If you want it to be tender then cook it longer. You would have to test the taste to see which texture is better for you. After boiling the Chinese broccoli, the water that is left in the pot or the large pan, you can drink it as a soup. This is a very good dish to make. Try the recipe and enjoy!!!!
Washing Chinese broccoli:
1. Take the package of Chinese broccoli out of the fridge.
2. In the cupboard take out a strainer and a big container to
wash the Chinese broccoli.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take the strainer and place it
on the other sink next to it.
4. Take the Chinese broccoli out of the package and place it in the big container.
5. Separate each Chinese broccoli pieces apart. Use a knife and cut off the end hard part.
7. Open each Chinese broccoli wide wash it in the water very clean, make sure there are no dirty stuff
in the vegetable.
6. Open the cold water and fill it up. Take the end part of the mustard green on each hands. turn it upside down and separate apart and shake it in water.
(note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
7. Each time a pieces is wash, place it in the strainer.
8. Fill the container with water and wash the Chinese broccoli 3-4 times and put it aside
(Note: make sure it is all clean and have no dirty stuff.)
1. In the cupboard take out a pot or a large pan.
2. Place on the stove.
3. Pour 5-6 cups of cold water into the pot or a large pan. If there is not enough water then you can add more.
(note: Add just the right amount of water that you need to boil the Chinese broccoli.)
4. Turn on the heat to high and cover the lid.
5. Wait for about 10-15 minutes or until the water is boiling
6. When the water is boiling ready, add the Chinese broccoli into the pot or a large pan and cover the lid.
(Note: Make sure all the Chinese broccoli pieces are in the water and nothing is sticking out.)
7. Wait for it boil up. Once the water is boiling up, leave the lid open.
(Note: Keeping the lid open will prevent the vegetable from having a not-good colour.)
8. When the Chinese broccoli is boiling again. Let it sit and cook in the boiling water for little bit.
(note: if you like the broccoli to be hard then do not need to cook longer. If you want it to be tender then let it cook a bit longer.
9. Once they are ready. Turn off the heat and place all the Chinese chrysanthemum vegetable on to a plate and place it on the table.