These watercress are very delicious and easy to make. You can buy these watercress at a Chinese supermarket or any supermarket that you can find them. Look at how greenly and beautiful it came out after boiling from the water.
This is a perfect combination dish that goes well with noddles or rice. Which every choice of your desire. The watercress are very healthy vegetable to eat. Boiling watercress are very healthy also. The best way to cook the watercress is to boil them until they have a tender texture. After boiling the watercress, the water that is left in the pot or the large pan, you can drink it as a soup. This is a very good dish to make. Try the recipe and enjoy!!!!
1. Take the package of watercress and set it aside.
2. In the cupboard take out a strainer and a big container to
wash the watercress.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take the strainer and place it
on the other sink next to it or on the counter with a container to hold the strainer from the water dripping everywhere.
4. Take the watercress out of the package and place it in the big container.
5. Separate each watercress pieces apart.
6. open the cold water and fill it up. While washing, shake each pieces in the water to take the dirty stuff out and rinse it with tap water.
(note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
7. Each time a pieces of watercress is wash, place it in the strainer.
8. Repeat the same step by washing the watercress 4 times.
9. When all done. Set it aside.
1. In the cupboard take out large pan.
2. Place on the stove.
3. Pour some cold water into the large pan. If there is not enough water then you can add more.
(note: Add just the right amount of water that you need to boil the Watercress.)
6. Turn on the heat to high and cover the lid.
7. Wait for about 10-15 minutes or until the water is boiling
8. When the water is boiling ready, add in the watercress into the large pan and cover the lid.
(Note: Make sure all the watercress pieces are in the water and nothing is sticking out.)
9. Wait for it boil up. Once the water is boiling up, leave the lid open.
(Note: Keeping the lid open will prevent the vegetable from having a not-good colour.)
12. When the watercress is boiling again. Let it sit and cook in the boiling water for little bit.
(note: if you like the watercress to be hard then do not need to cook longer. If you want it to be tender then let it cook a bit longer.
12. Once they are ready. Turn off the heat and place all the watercress on to a plate and place it on the table.