This is the first time I have made Vietnamese pork balls, it is so simple to make. It’s the same steps as making the Vietnamese ham, but instead, I made it into a pork ball and boiled it in water, using a sauce pot. You will find it hard when you first make it, but once you do it a couple of times, you will get the hang of it and make perfect Vietnamese pork balls. The Vietnamese fish sauce, tapioca flour, sesame oil and Chinese cooking wine can be found at a Chinese supermarket. At the bottom I have the recipe how to make the Vietnamese pork balls. If you like, you can check out my Vietnamese pork ham I posted how to make it.
Some people might not like the Vietnamese fish sauce taste, but if you don’t try it, you will never know whether you like it or not. The pork balls taste delicious, and it came out very good, and I like it a lot.
Kids and adults would love these Vietnamese pork balls. You can have these for lunch or dinner. The best combination that goes with these Vietnamese pork balls would be rice or noodles. Don’t microwave too long, or else it will be tough. If you cannot finish them, you can put it in the fridge and eat them the next day. Give this recipe a try and see if you like it.
900 grams of pork chops
6 grams of sugar
15 grams of salt
20 grams of Vietnamese fish sauce
20 grams of sesame oil
3 grams of baking soda
2 grams of white pepper powder
20 grams cooking wine
350 grams of water
80 grams of tapioca flour
Using a blender to blend the pork chops:
1. Take out a meat blender.
2. Put some pork chops in the blender, but not too much, just the amount that will cover the blade.
3. Put some a bit of sauce mixture into the pork. Close the lid. Press the pulse button a few times. Open the lid.
4. Use a spatula to scrape the top and a spoon for the bottom. Close the lid. Continue adding the sauce mixture a bit at a time until it’s mixed together.
5. Place it onto a bowl and set it aside.
6. Repeat the same steps for the other half.
7. When it’s all finished blending, if you like, you can place it in the fridge for 1 hour (optional)
(Wrap the bowl of blended pork chops with a plastic wrap and place it in the fridge.)
8 If you don’t want to put in the fridge. Just add the sauce mixture a bit at a time in the blender. Once all pour in, continue to blend until the texture is smooth. By touching the blend pork chops, you will know when the texture is smoother.
9. Repeat the same step for the other half. Weather you put it in the fridge to chill or not.
10. Once the texture is smooth, place the Vietnamese pork ham mixture into a bowl.
11. Now it is ready to make the ball shape.
Making the ball shape:
1.In a cupboard, take out a plate,
2. Take 2 spoons, scoop up some blended smooth pork and use both spoon and form a ball,
3. Make sure the pork balls are formed into a ball round and tight.
4. Place each finished pork ball on the plate.
5. Once all done, set it aside.
1. In the cupboard, take out the sauce pot..
2. Put some water in the sauce pot.
4. Close the lid. Just wait until you see small bubbles.
5. Once you see small bubbles, open the lid. Use a spoon and put the Vietnamese pork balls in the
6. Cook until the pork balls are big and flowing on top of the water.
7. Once it’s boiling, let it boil for a few mintues.
7. Repeat the same steps for the rest of the Vietnamese pork balls.
8. Once it’s done, put all on a plate.
9. Now it is ready to eat.