These lotus roots with Chinese mushroom and onions are very simple to make, and it does not take long. You can prepare the Chinese mushroom with an instant pot the night before in a fast and easy way. You can find the lotus roots and Chinese mushroom at a Chinese supermarket. At the bottom I have the recipe how to make this dish.
The dish looks so nice and colourful stir frying from the pan. It is so delicious, and I like it a lot. The lotus is a bit crunchy in texture. It can be used for steam, Chinese soups and stir-fries.
Kids and adults would love this dish a lot. If you are a vegetarian, then this is the dish you can make. You can have this for lunch or dinner. The best combination that goes well with this dish is rice or noodles. I prefer with rice with the sauce and the lotus and Chinese much room that matches very well. If you cannot finish it, you can put it in the fridge and have it the next day. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Cooking Chinese mushrooms from an instant pot:
1. Take the Chinese mushroom out of the bag.
2. Rinse the Chinese mushrooms.
3. Put the Chinese mushrooms into a bowl and soak it over water for 30 minutes.
4. Take out instant pot. Put some water. Take the bowl of Chinese mushroom and put it in
the instant pot.
5. Close the lid. Press the manual button, and it will start automatic
6. When done. It will release the pressure of the value.
(Note:Don’t open the lid of the pressure cooker, while it’s releasing the pressure or else it will explode.)
7. Once done and the gray thing drops to the bottom, that means it is ready.
8. Take out the Chinese mushroom and put it in a bowl.
9. Rise with cold water until it is completely cold.
10. Take as many as you need to stir fry.
11. Take the rest of the Chinese mushrooms, put it in a zip log bag or a frozen bag and put it in the freezer. to use next time.
1.Take lotus roots, and wash the lotus roots.
2. Take a knife peeler and peel the lotus roots skin.
(Note: Make sure all the potatoes are peeled nice and clean.)
3. Wash the lotus roots.
4. Take a slice cutter, put the knife into the slice cutter. Slice the lotus roots into thin slices directly into a bowl.
5. Peel the onion skin and place it on the cutting board. Cut the onion in half and cut into slices.
6. Take 3 garlics and peel the garlic’s skins and cut into pieces.
7. Put the Chinese mushroom in a strainer and rinse it and set it aside.
1. In the cupboard, take out a pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn on the heat high.
3. When the pan is hot, put some oil in it.
4. Put the garlic and onions in the pan.
5. Stir the garlic and onions until almost ready.
6. Put the Chinese mushroom into the pan.
7. Stir the Chinese mushroom 2-3 times.
8. Sprinkle some salt and garlic powder, then add some light soya sauce, but not too much.
9. Stir a bit to mix the sauce.
10. Put the lotus roots into the pan. Use a tong and separate them apart. Stir all together.
11. Let the Chinese mushroom and lotus roots cook in the pan itself for a few seconds.
(Note: keep an eye on it to make sure it does not stick to the pan.)
12. Stir again.
13. Pour some water and close the lid.
14. Once you see the water is boiling, stir 2 times. Then turn the heat off.
15. Take a plate and scoop up all the lotus root with Chinese mushroom and onions. Place it on the table.
16. Now it is ready to eat.