This is the 3rd time I steam a red fish. Look at how perfectly the redfish came out after steaming. The colour is so nice, with some sprinkle of green onions on top. I like this fish a lot, and it tastes very delicious. Since this is my 3rd time making this red fish, I got the hang of cleaning this fish. Once you learn how to do it, you can clean any kind of fish easily.
There are some bones in the fish, but just be careful eating it. The best combination that goes well with this dish would be rice. With all the sauce in the fish that you can mix in the rice. Steaming fish is very healthy and tastes better.
Younger kids would need help from an adult picking the fish meat for them since here are bones in the fish. You can have this fish for lunch or dinner. It is best to eat the whole fish on the same day fresh. Once you eat it, you will love this fish a lot. Try the recipe and enjoy.
1. Take the package of frozen redfish out of the freezer.
2. Take out as many red fish as you can and put it in a bowl of warm water and soak the frozen redfish into the bowl, to unfrozen it for about 4-5 minutes.
(Note: If you are using the whole bag of fish, then soak the whole bag warm water.)
3. Put on a pair of dishwasher gloves
4. Take the redfish out of the bowl.
(Note: If using the whole bag, open the bag with scissors and take the fish out of the bag.)
5. Wash the fish.
6. Take a knife and fish. With an angle of the knife, scrape off the scales everywhere on the fish.
(Note: Make sure the fish is clean without any scales.)
7. Take scissors and cut a straight line on the stomach almost to the middle.
8. Take out all the dirty stuff inside the stomach.
(Note: Make sure the fish is all clean inside.)
9. When it is all clean. Rinse inside and make sure there is no dirty thing inside.
10. When it’s all done. Rinse the fish again. Place it in a mixing bowl to get all the water out.
Marinate the redfish:
1. Put the fish on the plate.
2. Slice up a couple of gingers and set them aside.
(Optional: you can slice the ginger the way you want)
3. Put on one dishwashing glove:
4. Sprinkle some salt on the fish on both sides.
5. Put some soya sauce on the fish on both sides and rub it all around.
6. Sprinkle a bit of garlic powder on both sides, but not too much.
7. Sprinkle a little bit of turmeric on the body.
8. Put a bit of turmeric inside the fish to prevent the fish from having a not a fresh smell when you eat it.
9. Put a couple of gingers on top of the fish and inside too.
(Note: Putting ginger inside the finish can prevent the fish from having a fresh smell when you eat it.)
10. Put some cooking wine inside the fish.
11. Put some oil on top of the fish to look nice.
1. Take a steamer pot out and boil some water with a rack inside.
2. Once the water is boiling, put the plate of fish inside the steamer and close the lid.
3. Cook the fish for about 10-12 minutes.
(Note: A large fish, steam for 12 minutes. Small fish steam for 8-10 minutes (it all depends on the size of the fish).
4. Once the fish is ready, use a knife and put it in the middle. When you feel the knife touching the bone. Then you know if it’s ready.
5. When the fish is ready. Use a kitchen mitten and take the redfish and place it on the table.
6. Enjoy this wonderful steam fish.