This is the 2nd time I make a stir-fried broccoli with beef. It is very delicious and simple to make. It does not take long and you can have this dish in no time. You can marinate the beefs the night before or the day you will cook it. Whichever you choose as your desire. When putting in baking soda when marinating, it can make the beef texture taste better.. I decided to put some beefs with the broccoli’s to make it look nice, to match the combination. I like this dish a lot.
When you wash the broccoli’s, you can peel off the strips at the bottom of the stem, so that when you boil the broccoli’s, the texture will be soft. The beefs cooks fast on the pan, so you need to keep an eye on it.
This dish goes well with rice or noodles, whichever you choose as your desire.
Adults and kids will like this dish. I recommend making the broccoli’s tender for kids easier to eat. You can have this for lunch or dinner. If you cannot finish it, you can put it in the fridge and have it the next day. Try the recipe and enjoy.
1. Peel the onion skin. Place it on the cutting board. Cut the onion in
half. Place it on the side and cut it into slice pieces.
2. Put all into a small plate and set it aside.
3. Take the broccolis out of the fridge. remove from bag.
4. Rinse the broccoli’s
5. Place the broccoli’s on the cutting board and cut it in half.
6. Separate the broccoli’s and place it directly into the sink.
7. Cut the end hard part strips off the broccoli’s, to prevent the broccoli’s from being crunchy.
If you like it crunchy and hard you can just leave it the way it is.
8. When you see big pieces of broccoli’s, cut the broccoli’s into broccoli pieces.
9. When it’s done separating, rinse the broccoli’s and set them aside.
Marinating the beefs:
1. Take out beef from the fridge. Place it on a cutting board and cut part of the beef portion you will need to use.
2. Whatever is leftover, wrap it with a plastic wrapper and place it in the freezer for the next time use.
3. Take a clean bowl. Cut the beefs into pieces and place it in the bowl.
4. Marinate with baking soda, salt, soya sauce and sesame oil. Mix it very well.
(Note: Putting baking soda on the beefs will make the beefs more tender.)
5. Put a bit of cornstarch into a bowl and add 2-3 tablespoons of water and mix it. Pour it into the beefs and mix it.
6. Put in some flour and mix until you see no more flour.
(Note: Make sure the flours are all coated with the beefs.)
7. When it is all marinated, put it aside.
Boiling the broccolis:
1. In the cupboard, take out a large pan.
2. Place on the stove.
3. Pour some cold water into the large pan. If there is not enough water, you can add more.
(note: Add just the right amount of water that you need to boil the broccoli.)
4. Turn on the heat to high and cover the lid.
5. Wait for about 10 minutes or until the water is boiling
6. When the water is boiling, add the broccoli into the large pan and cover the lid.
7. Wait for the broccoli to boil up again.
8. Let it continue boiling for 3-4 minutes.
9. Open the lid. Take a knife or a long toothpick. Insert it into the broccoli. If you feel the broccoli are tender that means, it is ready. If it’s not just cook for another 2-3 minutes.
10. Turn off the heat.
11. place it on a plate and set it aside.
Cooking the beefs:
1. Take a non-stick pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to medium-low.
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. Put the beefs in the pan and separate them apart.
5. While cooking the beefs, turn the beef to low heat.
6. Wait for the beefs a bit, then flip the beefs to the other side
(Note: The beefs cooks ready fast, so you need to keep an eye on it.)
7. Wait for the beefs to cook by themselves.
8. Move the pan 2 -3 times.
9. Cook until the beefs are well done.
(Note: Make sure no pink or red colours are showing.)
10. When the beefs are ready, turn the heat off.
11. Put it in a bowl and set it aside.
Cooking the broccoli’s and beefs together:
1. Take a frying pan. Turn the heat to high.
2. When the pan is heating up. Put in some oil.
3. Put in the onions. Use a wooden spatula and stir the onions, until almost cooked.
4. Put the bowl of broccoli’s into the pan and stir a bit.
5. Sprinkle some garlic powder, salt, and soya sauce and stir a few times.
6. Put in the bowl of cook beefs.
7. Stir the broccoli’s with beefs together a few times.
8. Turn the heat off.
9. Scoop up all into a plate and place it on the table.
10. Enjoy this broccoli with beef.