This is stir-fried celery with pork and red peppers. These are very simple to make, and it does not take long. When cleaning the celery, you need to take off some strips on the celery, so that when you eat it, it will not be very crunchy. The cooking time is fast since you remove the strips. It needs to be cooked until they are crunchy and a bit tender.
It is very delicious, and I like it. The dish came out beautiful in different colours. I decided to change something up with this vegetable dish by putting in some pork. The pork cooks fast in the pan. Keep an eye on the pork, or it will become tough. The pork needs to be cooked well-done without any pink or red inside showing. When pork and celery are done cooking separately, mix them in a frying pan with the red peppers. Place it on a plate and place it on the table.
When you eat celery with pork and red peppers, you will like it a lot. The best combination that goes well with this dish is rice. It will taste so good mixing in with the rice. On that day, when you have no idea what to cook, you can consider making this dish. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Cleaning and prepare the celery:
1. In the fridge, take out the celery.
2. Peel off as much celery as you needed to eat. What is left over, put it back in the bag and place it in the fridge.
3. Place the celery on a cutting board, cut the end parts and some leaves. Wash each celery.
4. Take a knife, place it on the top of the celery at an angle and peel some strips off.
(Note: Peeling the strips from the celery will prevent the celery from being very crunchy.)
5. Continue the same steps for the rest of the celery.
6. Cut the celery into pieces. Make sure the pieces are cut into the same size to be cooked and finished at the same time.
7. Put it all into a bowl and rinse it. Then pour out the water from the bowl and set it aside.
Preparing the pork:
1. Take the pork package, use a tong take as many as you needed and put it on the cutting board.
2. The rest is leftover. Wrap it with a plastic wrapper and put it in the freezer.
3. If you already have pork in the freezer, take the pork out of the freezer, put it in the microwave to defrost.
(Note: Different microwave wattage and defrosting time can be different.)
4. Put on some dishwasher gloves.
5. Take a knife and cut the pork into pieces. Put it into a bowl and set it aside.
Marinating the pork:
1. Take the bowl of pork and a tong.
2. Sprinkle some salt and mix. Put a lot of garlic powder and a bit of soya sauce together, and mix well.
3. Put some cornstarch. Mix until you do not see any more cornstarch.
(Note: Make sure all the cornstarch is coated in the pork.)
4. Put some flour. Mix until you do not see any more cornstarch.
(Note: Make sure all the flour is coated everywhere in the pork.)
5. When it is all mixed, set the bowl aside.
Preparing the red peppers and onions:
1. In the fridge, take a red pepper. Cut it in half.
2. Use a spoon and scoop up all the seeds out and put it directly into a bowl.
3. Wrap the other half of the red peppers with a plastic wrapper and place it in the fridge.
4. Put the red peppers on a cutting board. Cut the red peppers into slices. Place it into a bowl and set it aside.
5. In the bag, take an onion, peel the skins. Place it on the cutting board. Cut it in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices. Put the onions in a bowl and set them aside.
Cooking the pork:
1. In the cupboard, take a non-stick frying pan and place it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to medium-low. Put in some oil.
3. Take the bowl of pork and put it into the frying pan.
4. Separate the pork apart.
5. Let the pork cook a bit. Then move the pan.
(Note: Keep an eye on the pork because they cook fast.)
6. Use a tong, turn over all the pork and turn the heat to low.
7. Cook the pork until it is well-done, without any pink or red.
(Note: Do not overcook the pork, or it will be tough.)
8. Use kitchen scissors and cut the pork to see if it’s all well-done. If it’s not, it needs to cook a little bit longer.
9. Once done, turn off the heat. Put it into a bowl and set it aside.
1. In the cupboard, take a frying pan and place it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to high. Put in some oil.
3. Put in the onions and stir until it is almost ready.
4. Take the bowl of celery and pour all the celery into the frying pan.
5. Stir the celery a bit.
(Note: Keep an eye on the celery, it cooks fast.)
6. Sprinkle some salt and garlic powder. Pour a bit of soya sauce. Stir to mix.
7. Let it cook for a bit.
8. Turn the heat to medium-low.
9. Stir a bit.
10. Take a piece to taste if it is a bit crunchy and tender. When it is crunchy and tender, that means it is ready. If not, then it needs to be cooked longer.
11. Once celery is ready, Pour in the pork and red peppers and stir to mix.
(Note: make sure the red peppers are on the bottom to heat for a second.)
12. Once ready, turn off the heat. Put it all onto a plate and place it on the table.