These potatoes with ground beef are so simple to make. The only thing that took long was cooking the potatoes in the water like your stewing it until they are tender. The pan frying the ground beef cooks really fast, you need to keep an eye on it to be sure it does not get burn. You can marinate the ground beef the night before to have a better taste, or you can do it the day you will cook it. When the potatoes are done cooking, just mix in the ground beef with the potatoes, and you are done.
The potatoes with ground beef are very delicious, and I like it a lot. I made a big portion to eat it throughout the whole day. The dish came out very good.
When you don’t have an idea what to make with the potatoes. You can consider making it with the ground beef. The potatoes and ground beef make a good combination.
Kids and adults would love this dish a lot. You can have this for lunch or dinner. The best combination that goes well with this dish is rice. With the potatoes and ground beef that you can mix in rice. Another way of eating this dish is smashing it all together and making it into a sandwich. Once you eat it, you will like this dish a lot. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Preparing the potatoes and onions:
1. In the bag of potatoes, take 7 potatoes out of the bag and put them in a mixing bowl.
2. Take a knife peeler and peel the potatoes skins. Each potatoes, that is peeled, put in the mixing bowl.
3. Soak it in water for a few minutes. Pour the bowl of water out of the sink.
4. Place the potatoes on a cutting board. Cut the potatoes into small pieces.
5. Rinse the potatoes, place it back into the mixing bowl and set them aside.
6. In the bag, take an onion, cut off the 2 end parts.
7. Peel the skin, place the onion on the cutting board. Cut the onion in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices.
(Note: If you are using small onions. Use 2 small onions. Using big onion, use just one.)
Marinate the ground beef:
1. In the cupboard, take out a clean bowl.
2. Take the ground beef out of the package, the amount you need to eat.
(Note: If you already have ground beef in the freezer, you will need to defrost it in the microwave). Different wattage microwave defrost timing can be different.)
3. Put the ground beef in the bowl. Use a fork and separate the ground beef apart.
4. Marinate garlic powder, soya sauce, and fish sauce. Mix well, using a wooden spoon or a tong.
5. Put some cornstarch and make sure it is all coated everywhere. Mix it until you do not see any cornstarch in the bowl.
Cooking the ground beef:
1. Take a non-stick pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to medium-low.
3. When the pan is hot, add in the ground beefs and separate them apart.
4. While cooking the beefs, turn the beef to low heat.
5. Wait for the ground beefs a bit, then flip the beefs to the other side
6. Wait for the beefs to cook by themselves.
7. Stir the ground beefs a few times.
8. Move the pan 2-3 times.
9. Cook until the beefs are well-done.
( Note: Make sure no pink or red colours are showing.)
10. When the beefs are ready, turn the heat off and set the pan aside.
Cooking the potatoes and ground beef together:
1. In the cupboard, take a frying pan and place it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. Put the onions into the frying pan and stir until it’s done.
5. Take the bowl of potatoes and pour it into the pan. Stir the potatoes for a bit.
6. Pour some water and close the lid. Let it cook by itself for a couple of minutes.
7. once it starts to boil, Open the lid, take a knife and insert it into the potatoes and feel if it’s tender. If it’s tender, that means it is ready. If it’s still hard, you need to cook it a bit longer while it is still boiling.
8. Once the potatoes tender, put in the ground beef and stir to mix.
9. Turn off the heat. Place all the potatoes and ground beefs on a plate or a casserole and set it on the table.