These stir-fried white radish with ground beef are very simple to make. You can also call a white radish (daikon). This daikon can be found and bought at a Chinese supermarket.
Look at how beautiful the colour of the white radish and ground beef came out of the frying pan. It’s very delicious. I like it.
When cooking the white radish, it has to be cook until the texture is tender, so it can be easier to eat. I used a non-stick frying pan to cook the ground beef that does not stick on the pan and easier to cook. You need to keep an eye on the ground beef because it cooks fast. Make sure the ground beef is well done without any pink inside and outside. Once it is tender, put in some flour and stir into the white radish until you do not see any more flour. Pour in the ground beef and mix. Once it starts to boil, that means it is ready.
Kids and adults would love this dish a lot. You can have this for lunch or dinner. The best combination that goes well with this dish is rice. With all the white radish and ground beef, that can mix in the rice. I used Corningware to put white radish with ground beef to make the dish look nice. This is a very good dish to make when you have no idea what to make on that day. Try the recipe and enjoy.
1. Take the White Radish out of the fridge.
2. Take a cutting board and cut the white radish in half, or you can use the whole white radish.
(Note: If not using the other half, you can wrap it up with a plastic wrapper and put it in the fridge to use next time.)
3. Take a knife peeler and peel off the skin directly into the garbage.
4. Place the white radish on a cutting board. Take a knife and place it at an angle. While in each turn, cut the white radish into pieces and put it directly into a mixing bowl.
5. When all is cut up and put into the mixing bowl, rinse the white radish and set it aside.
6. In the bag, take an onion and place it on the cutting board. Cut off the two ends.
7. Peel the skins, and cut the onion in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices. Place the onions in a bowl and set them aside.
Marinate the ground beef:
1. In the cupboard, take out a clean bowl.
2. Take the ground beef out of the package, the amount you need to eat.
(Note: If you already have it in the freezer, you will need to defrost it in the microwave. Different microwave wattage, defrost timing and heating can be different.)
Put the ground beef in the bowl. Use a fork and separate the ground beef apart.
4, Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and pour some soya sauce. Mix well, using a wooden spoon or a tong.
5. Put cornstarch and make sure it is coated everywhere.
6. Mix it until you do not see any cornstarch in the bowl.
7. Put some flour and make sure it is coated everywhere.
8. Mix until you do not see any flour in the bowl.
9. When all mixed, set it aside.
Cooking the ground beef:
1. Take a non-stick pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat at medium-low.
3. When the pan is hot, put the ground beef into the frying pan and press the ground beef flat.
4. While cooking the ground beef turn the heat to low.
5. Wait for the ground beef to cook a bit, then use a wooden cooking spatula and flip the ground beef to the other side
(Note: keep an eye on the ground beef because they cook fast.
6. Wait for the beef to cook by itself.
7. Turn the ground beef.
8. Separate the ground beef apart.
9. Move the pan 2 -3 times.
10. Cook until the beef is well done.
( note: Make sure no pink or red colours are showing.)
11. When the beef is ready, turn the heat off.
12. Place it onto a bowl and set it aside.
Cooking the White radish and ground beef together:
1. In the cupboard, take a large pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn on the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. Put the onions into the frying pan and stir until done.
5. Take the bowl of white radish and put it into the large pan.
6. Stir a bit.
7. Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and pour some soya sauce and stir.
8. Pour in some water. Close the lid and let it cook for 20 minutes at medium-low heat.
9. When the time is up, take a piece and taste if the white radish is tender.
10. If it is tender, that means it is ready. If it is not, you need to cook it a bit longer.
11. (Note Another way of knowing if the white radish is tender, by inserting a knife or a fork, and if it goes through, that means it is tender.)
12. You can cook a bit to be sure the white radish is tender.
13. Once it is tender, put in some flour and stir into the white radish until you do not see any more flour.
14. Pour the bowl of ground beef into the white radish and stir it together.
15. Let it cook until the water starts to boil.
16. Once boiling, that means it is ready. Turn the heat off. Scoop up all the white radish with ground beef into a plate or a Corningware and place it on the table.