This stir-fried lettuce with Chinese preserved wet bean curd is simple to make. The Chinese preserved wet bean curd is a kind of tofu cheese that is fermentated and made into a preserved wet bean curd. It can be cooked into stir-fried food or stew. I decided to make something different with the lettuce by putting Chinese-preseved wet bean curd to stir-fry.
When the Chinese preserved wet bean curd is put into the large pan. It needs to have the right amount of oil in order to stir-fried it with the onions and ginger. When stir-fried with the lettuce, you can smell the delicious and tasty lettuce that is mixed in with the Chinese preserved wet bean curd, onions and ginger. It can make you hungry. The lettuce cooks fast to be well-done, so it needs to be kept an eye on it at all times. A jar of Chinese preserved wet bean curd can be found and bought at a Chinese supermarket.
The lettuce came out so green and beautiful and perfect from a large pan. If you overcook the lettuce, the colour would not be green. If you have never tried Chinese preserved wet bean curd, you can give this a try. Some people might like it and other don’t. If you do not like it, you can make a normal stir-fried lettuce.
The perfect combination with this dish is rice. The lettuces are a very healthy vegetable and good for the eyes. If you are a vegetarian, you can try making this stir-fried lettuce with Chinese preserved wet bean curd, onions and ginger. It is very delicious, and I like it a lot. Mixing the lettuce with the Chinese preserved wet bean curd into the rice, it tastes so good. Once you try this dish, you might like it. Try the stir-fried lettuce with Chinese preserved wet bean curd and see if you like it.
Preparing the lettuce:
1. Take the package of lettuce and remove the wrapper.
2. Rinse the lettuce.
3. Remove the outer part of the lettuce.
(Note: if it’s dirty, you need to wash it 3 times.)
4. Take a knife and remove any red colour or not-good colour directly into the garbage.
5. Place the lettuce on the cutting board and cut it in half.
6. Separate the lettuce apart as many times as you need to eat, and cut the lettuce into pieces.
7. Each time the lettuce is cut, put it into the mixing bowl.
8. When all is cut into the mixing bowl. Rinse the lettuce and pour out the water and set it aside.
Preparing the onion and ginger
1. In the bag of onion, take an onion. Peel the onion skin.
2. Place it on the cutting board. Cut the onion in half.
3. Place the onion on the side and cut it into slices.
4. Put all the onions onto a bowl and set them aside.
5. Use a slice cutter and slice the ginger into strip pieces directly into a bowl.
1. In the cupboard, take out a large pan and place it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to medium-low.
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. In the fridge, take out a jar of preserve wet bean curd.
5. Take out 2 pieces of preserve bean wet curd and put it into the large pan.
6. Then put in the onions and ginger.
7. Use a cooking spatula, press down the preserve wet bean curd. Let it cook by itself
8. Stir the onions and ginger. If there is not enough oil in the large pan, then put some more oil.
9. When the preserve bean curd onion and ginger are ready, put the lettuce into the large pan.
10. Stir a bit.
11. Pour in some water and close the lid. Let the lettuce cook for a few minutes.
12. When the water starts boiling, open the lid and stir a bit.
(Note: Lettuce cooking time is fast, so keep an eye on it.)
13. Make sure the lettuce is not that hard. Let it cook for another minute to be sure it is fully cooked.
14. Mix the preserve wet bean curd. Ensure it coated everywhere with the onions and ginger.
15. Once it is ready, turn off the heat. scoop up all the lettuce with preserve wet bean curd onion and ginger onto a plate and place it on the table.