A stir-fried white radish topped with scallions is a simple dish to make. I decided to use a white radish to make something simple. A white radish can also be called diakon.
First, I cut the radish in half and save the other half in the fridge to use next time. Rinse, peel the skins. Place the white radish on a cutting board. Take a knife and place it at an angle. While in each turn, cut the white radish into pieces and put it directly into a mixing bowl. If you like round pieces, you can also cut them into round pieces.
Second, I cook the onions and ginger until done. Pour the white radish into the large pan. Before putting in water, I added some salt, garlic powder, and a bit of soya sauce. Stir to mix. I added some water and close the lid to simmer at medium-low for 20-25 minutes. When time is up, take a piece to taste if it’s a bit tender and crunchy. When the texture is right. That means it is ready. Place it onto a plate and topped it with some sprinkle scallions.
This stir-fried white radish topped with scallions is just too simple without any meat. It is delicious, and I like it a lot. If you have never tried to make a stir-fried white radish, you should give this a try. The best combination with this dish is rice or noodles. It will taste so good. To make the dish look nicer, I decided to sprinkle some scallions on top of the white radish. This can be a dish to make if you have no idea what to make on that day. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Preparation the white radish:
1. Take the White Radish out of the fridge.
2. Take a cutting board and cut the white radish in half, or you can use the whole white radish.
(Note: If not using the other half, you can wrap it up with a plastic wrapper and put it in the fridge to use next time.)
3. Rinse the white radish
4. Take a knife peeler and peel off the skin directly into the garbage.
5. Place the white radish on a cutting board. Take a knife and place it at an angle. While in each turn, cut the white radish into pieces and put it directly into a mixing bowl.
6. When all is cut up and put into the mixing bowl, rinse the white radish and set it aside.
Preparing the onions, ginger and scallions:
1. In the bag, take an onion and place it on the cutting board. Cut off the two ends
2. Peel the skins, and cut the onion in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices.
3. Place the onions in a bowl and set them aside.
4. Take a ginger. Use a spoon and peel the skin.
5. Place the ginger on a cutting board.
6. Cut the ginger into pieces and place it in a bowl and set it aside.
7. Take 2-3 pieces of scallions.
8. Wash the scallions.
9. Place it on the cutting board
10. Cut the scallions into small pieces
1. In the cupboard, take a large pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. Put the ginger and onions into the large pan and stir until done.
5. Pour the bowl of white radish into the large pan and stir a bit.
6. Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and pour a bit of soya sauce
7. Stir to mix.
8. Pour some water, but not too much. Close the lid.
9. Turn the heat to medium-low.
10. Let the white radish cook for 20-22 minutes.
(Note: Even if the white radish is still simmering in boiling hot water, let it be and continue cooking.)
11. When 20-22 minutes are up, take a large toothpick, insert it in the white radish and see if it goes through. It is ready. If not, you need to cook it a bit longer.
12. Another way is to taste if it’s crunch and tender. If it’s the right texture, it is ready.
(note: you can also cook the white radish to tender.)
13. In the end, if you feel that there is not even taste, you can add some Vietnamese fish sauce. Stir to mix. (Optional)
14. When it is ready, turn off the heat. Take a plate. Pour all the white radish onto a plate and set it aside.
15. Sprinkle some scallions on top of the white radish.