A healthy boiled Chinese broccoli is very simple to make. You can find Chinese broccoli at a Chinese supermarket.
This Chinese broccoli is the easiest to wash because they are not very dirty. Cut off the end hard part. Just wash 3-4 times to ensure it is clean. When you see the water is clear without any dirty stuff, it is clean.
When cooking the Chinese broccoli, it does not contain any oil or salt. Put the Chinese broccoli in boiling water and cook until it is a bit crunchy and tender. If you like the texture hard. You don’t need to cook it longer. Once it is boiling again, open the lid to taste it. If it’s the right texture, that means it is ready. Remember not to close the lid once it is boiling to prevent it from not being a good colour. When they are ready, turn off the heat.
I decided to place the Chinese broccoli nicely on the plate. I used a tong. Take the Chinese broccoli one by one and put it horizontally on the plate. The stems are facing the left and the leaves on the right.
I also made a small sauce plate of oyster sauce and place it on the side of the dish. It is placed nicely and beautifully on the plate. You can buy the oyster sauce at a chinese supermarket or any where that sells oyster sauce.
Kids and adults would love this dish. It is very healthy and good for the eyes. After boiling the Chinese broccoli, the water that is left in the large pan, you can drink it as a soup or have it as a noodles soup. The Chinese broccoli is very delicious and tasty. You can dip the Chinese broccoli in a plate of oyster sauce, and it will taste so good. It is best not to eat the oyster sauce a lot because it’s not healthy. If you are a vegetarian, this can be a perfect dish to make. Once you eat this dish, you will like it a lot. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Washing Chinese broccoli:
1. Take the package of Chinese broccoli out of the fridge.
2. In the cupboard take out a strainer and a big container to
wash the Chinese broccoli.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take the strainer and place it
on the other sink next to it.
4. Take the Chinese broccoli out of the package and place it in the big container.
5. Separate each Chinese broccoli pieces apart. Use a knife and cut off the end hard part.
7. Open each Chinese broccoli wide wash it in the water very clean, make sure there are no dirty stuff
in the vegetable.
6. Open the cold water and fill it up. Take the end part of the mustard green on each hands. turn it upside down and separate apart and shake it in water.
(note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
7. Each time a pieces is wash, place it in the strainer.
8. Fill the container with water and wash the Chinese broccoli 3-4 times and put it aside
(Note: make sure it is all clean and have no dirty stuff.)
1. In the cupboard, take a large pan and place on the stove.
2. Pour some cold water into the a large pan. If there is not enough water then you can add more.
(note: Add just the right amount of water that you need to boil the Chinese broccoli.)
3. Turn on the heat to high and cover the lid.
4. Wait until water starts boling.
5. When the water is boiling ready, add the Chinese broccoli into the large pan and cover the lid.
(Note: Make sure all the Chinese broccoli pieces are in the water and nothing is sticking out.)
6. Wait for it boil up. Once the water is boiling up, leave the lid open.
(Note: Keeping the lid open will prevent the vegetable from having a not-good colour.)
8. When the Chinese broccoli is boiling again. Let it sit and cook in the boiling water for little bit.
(note: if you like the broccoli to be hard then do not need to cook longer. If you want it to be tender then let it cook a bit longer.
9. Once they are ready. Turn off the heat and set it aside.
Making the plate of Chinese broccoli with oyster sauce:
1. Take a clean round plate.
2. Use a tong and take a piece of Chinese broccoli and place it horizontally on the plate.
(Note: The stems facing the left and leaves on the right.)
3. Continue the same steps for the rest of the Chinese broccoli.
4. Take a small sauce plate.
5. Place it on the side of the plate.
6. Now you have a plate of Chinese broccoli with a small side dish sauce of oyster sauce.