This napa cabbage with Chinese mushroom is very delicious and simple to make. When washing the napa cabbage, if the outer part of the cabbage is not very dirty, you can rinse and cut it into pieces. If it’s dirty, then wash it 3-4 times to be sure it’s properly clean. Cutting the napa into small pieces will help cook faster in the large pan.
Napa cabbage cooks fast, and it does not take long. You can put any seasoning of your desire. Cook until the desire of your texture. Be sure to taste it to see if it’s the right texture. I added a bit of water, so it will not be hard and helps the process cook faster.
I decided to use Chinese mushrooms to have a combination dish with the napa cabbage. I put some onions to stir-fry with the mushroom on high heat. Stir until done. The Chinese mushroom cooks fast. You can find Chinese mushrooms at a Chinese supermarket.
This dish is very delicious, and I like it a lot. I place the food nicely on the plate. First, I put all the napa around the place. Then I put one by one mushroom nicely in the middle. Look at how beautiful the colour of the dish. You can try making this dish and place it nicely on the plate the way you like it. If you have no idea what to make that day. You can consider making this napa cabbage with Chinese mushroom. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Chinese dry mushroom soak overnight:
1. Take a clean bowl
2. In the Chinese package mushroom, take as much mushroom as you need in the bowl. Rinse 2-3 times,
3. soak over cold water.
4. Put in the microwave. Heat for 7-10 minutes, until the water is boiling
(note: keep an eye on the mushroom to avoid water spilling.)
5. Once the water is boiling, take it out of the microwave.
(Note: Use a kitchen mitten to take out the dry mushroom because it will be hot.)
6. Pour out the bowl of water in the sink.
7. Rinse the mushroom a couple of times.
8. Squeeze the water out from the mushroom 2-3 times
9. Use a scissor, cut off the end steam on each mushroom and place it on a bowl.
10. soak the mushroom with cold water.
11. Place it on the table overnight.
12. You can use it anytime the next day.
Preparing the napa cabbage:
1. In the fridge, take out the bag of napa cabbage.
2. Take the napa cabbage out of the bag.
3. Remove the outer part of the cabbage if it’s not good.
4. Take off as many napa cabbages as you need to cook.
5. Wash the cabbages. If it’s dirty, you need to wash it a couple of times.
6. Place the cabbage on a cutting board and remove the stems. Cut the stems into pieces directly into a mixing bowl.
7. Take the leaves. Cut the leaves into pieces directly into another mixing bowl and set them aside.
Preparation the mushroom and onions:
1. Take the bowl of Chinese mushrooms soaked overnight.
2. Take a bowl and put the Chinese mushrooms. Soak it in water, put it in the microwave and heat it for 4 minutes to have a soft texture mushroom.
(note: if you like the mushroom to be hard, you can eliminate this step.)
3. Use a kitchen scissor and cut the mushroom into pieces directly into the bowl, and set it aside
4. Take an onion, peel the skins.
5. Place it on the cutting board. Cut it in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices.
6. Put the onions in a bowl and set them aside.
Cooking napa cabbage:
1. In the cupboard, take out a frying pan and place it on the stove.
2. Turn on the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. Put in the onions. Take a wooden cooking spatula and stir until almost done.
5. Put the napa cabbage into the pan. You will hear a sizzling sound.
6. Stir the napa cabbage until done.
7. Sprinkle a bit of salt, garlic powder and pour in some light soya sauce.
8. Stir the napa cabbage.
9. Pour in a bit of water and close the lid.
10. Once the water starts boiling, open the lid.
(Note: keep the lid off will prevent the napa cabbage from not being a good colour)
11. Take a pieces and taste if a bit crunchy and tender, once it’s the right texture. it is ready.
11. Stir the cabbage a bit and let it cook for another 2 minutes to ensure it is properly cooked.
12. When it is ready, turn off the heat. Put it in a bowl and set it aside.
Cooking the Chinese mushrooms:
1. Re-use the same large pan.
2. Turn the heat to high.
3. When the large pan is hot, put some oil.
4. Put in the onions and stir until done.
5. Put in the Chinese mushrooms.
6. Stir a bit. Let it cook for a few seconds.
(Note: Keep an eye on the Chinese mushrooms, they cook fast.)
7. Stir a bit.
8. Once done. Turn off the heat and set it aside.
Making the plate of napa cabbage with Chinese mushrooms:
1. Take a clean plate.
2. Use a tong and put all the napa cabbage around the plate.
3. Take the Chinese mushrooms and place it nicely in the middle of the plate.
(Note: Make sure there are no napa cabbages in the middle.)
4. A plate of napa cabbage with Chinese mushrooms is ready to eat.