This is the 3rd time I made steamed tofu, It is simple to make, and it does not take long. I decided to use 2 different kinds of tofu. One is firm, and the other is silk. Steaming a different kind of tofu can have a different taste. If you like, you can use the same kind of tofu.
All you need to do is take a large plate. Put some flour all around the plate. Open 2 packages of tofu and drain water into the sink. Rinse the tofu. Place the firm tofu on the plate and cut it into a cross. Then in big thick pieces. It will be easier to handle and eat. Place it all on the side around the plate. Then place the silk tofu on the plate. Cut the same way you cut the firm tofu. Place it on a slighted angle on the firm tofu around the middle 2 layers. The last piece, cut into a circle and place in the middle. Now you have a flower tofu plate shape.
When marinating the tofu, I put some salt, garlic powder and soya sauce. If you like it spicy, you can add some spicy season to make it light or very spicy. It all depends on your preference.
The plate of tofu takes about 12 minutes to steam. The starting time is when the water starts to boiling. When the tofu is steaming, you can smell the delicious and tasty tofu. When done. I decided to sprinkle some green onions on top of the tofu to look nice and colourful.
Kids and Adults would love this steam tofu a lot. The best combination that goes well with this dish is rice. With the tofu and sauce, you can mix in the rice. When you have no idea what to make on that day, you can consider making this steam tofu. A fast, easy dish to make. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Preparing the tofu:
1. Take a clean large plate and set it aside.
2. Put some flour around the bottom of the plate.
2. Take firm and silk tofu out of the fridge.
3. Open the package, drain all the water into the sink.
4. Rinse all the tofu.
5. Place all the tofu on the plate and cut the tofu into thick square pieces.
(Note: Make sure all the tofu, are cut into the same size.)
6. Take green onions in the fridge.
7. Wash and place it on the cutting board and cut it into small pieces.
Making the plate of tofu
1. Put all the firm tofu flate around the plate.
2. Put the silk tofu flate on top of the edge of the firm tofu around 2 layers.
3. Continue the same steps until you reach the top.
4. Cut a round tofu and place it on the in the middle top.
Marinate the tofu:
1. Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and some light soya sauce.
2. Put some flour and make sure it is coated everywhere.
3. Take green onions from the fridge.
4. Wash and place it on the cutting board.
5. Cut the green onions into small pieces
6. Sprinkle some green oninos on top of the tofu.
Steaming the tofu:
1. In the cupboard, take out a large pan and place it on the stove.
2. Put in some water and turn on the heat to high.
3. Place a wire rack and close the lid.
4. Once the water starts boiling, open the lid. Use a plate clipper or kitchen mittens and put the plate tofu into the large pan.
5. Steam the tofu for 12-13 minutes.
6. When the time is ready, turn off the heat.
7. Open the lid. Use a plate clipper or kitchen mittens and take out the plate of steamed tofu from the large pan and place it on the table.
10. Enjoy this steam tofu with green onions.