This is a stir-fried celery with turkey meat, mixed small peppers and Chinese mushrooms. You can find the Chinese mushrooms at a Chinese supermarket.
Stir-fried celery with turkey meat, mixed small peppers and Chinese mushrooms is very delicious. It smells so good when stir-frying from the pan. It can make you feel hungry. Eating celery and peppers is very healthy and good for the eyes. I decided to add some turkey meat and Chinese mushroom with celery with mixed small peppers to have something mix with the vegetable.
I prepare the turkey meat because they cook fast and do not take long. I decided to use leftover turkey that I have in the freezer. If you have turkey meat frozen in the freezer, it needs to be defrosted in a microwave. Different microwave defrost time can be different. Cut the turkey meat into pieces. Not too small or too big. Just the right size to cook and finish at the same time.
To get a better taste of the turkey meat, I decided to marinate them. I put some salt, garlic powder and soya sauce in it. I used a fork to mix everything well.
First, I take a non-stick frying pan. Turn on the heat high. I put the sliced onions that I have leftover in the fridge. Then add some oil. Stir until done. Pour the marinated turkey meat. Separate them. Let it sit and cook for a bit. Turn the heat to medium low to be sure the turkey meat does not burn.
Stir and stir until the turkey meat is ready. Once ready. Turn off the heat and set it aside.
Second, I cook the celery and onions in a large pan. I added a bit of water. Closing the lid can help the cooking process a bit faster. Let it cook until the water starts boiling. Take a piece and taste it to see if it’s your desire texture. Some people might like it hard, crunchy and tender or tender. Putting seasoning is your preference because some people might like it spicy and others might not. Once it is the right texture, it is ready. Pour in the mixed small peppers and Chinese mushrooms. Stir a few times. Mixed small peppers and Chinese mushroom cook fast. Once ready, pour it into a plate. I have the steps on how to soak the dry mushroom overnight and cook them.
Kids and adults would love this dish a lot. This is such a good stir-fried combination dish of celery with turkey meat, mixed small peppers and Chinese mushrooms. I like this dish a lot. When you make a lot, you can have it throughout the day. It is a good choice of dish to make. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Chinese dry mushroom soak overnight:
1. Take a clean bowl
2. In the Chinese package mushroom, take as much mushroom as you need in the bowl. Rinse 2-3 times,
3. soak over cold water.
4. Put in the microwave. Heat for 7-10 minutes, until the water is boiling
(note: keep an eye on the mushroom to avoid water spilling.)
5. Once the water is boiling, take it out of the microwave.
(Note: Use a kitchen mitten to take out the dry mushroom because it will be hot.)
6. Pour out the bowl of water in the sink.
7. Rinse the mushroom a couple of times.
8. Squeeze the water out from the mushroom 2-3 times
9. Use a scissor, cut off the end steam on each mushroom and place it on a bowl.
10. soak the mushroom with cold water.
11. Place it on the table overnight.
12. You can use it anytime the next day.
Cleaning and prepare the celery:
1. In the fridge, take out the celery.
2. Peel off as much celery as you needed to eat. What is left over, put it back in the bag and place it in the fridge.
3. Place the celery on a cutting board, cut the end parts and some leaves. Wash each celery.
4. Take a knife, place it on the top of the celery at an angle and peel some strips off.
(Note: Peeling the strips from the celery will prevent the celery from being very crunchy.)
5. Continue the same steps for the rest of the celery.
6. Cut the celery into pieces. Make sure the pieces are cut into the same size to be cooked and finished at the same time.
7. Put it all into a bowl and rinse it. Then pour out the water from the bowl and set it aside.
Preparing the mix bag of small peppers and onions:
1. In the fridge, take the mix-bag of peppers.
2. Take a slice cutter and slice the peppers into pieces directly into a bowl.
3. The seeds that are leftover. Place it into a bowl.
4. Take as many peppers as you need to cook.
5. The un-use peppers in the bowl. Wrap it up and put it in the fridge.
6. In the bag, take an onion, peel the skins.
7. Place it on the cutting board. Cut it in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices.
8. Put the onions in a bowl and set them aside.
Marinating the turkey meat:
1. In the fridge, take out some turkey meat.
(Note: you can use leftover turkey meat from a turkey in the freezer
you will need to defrost it in the microwave.)
2. Cut the turkey meat into pieces directly into a mixing bowl.
3. Put some salt and garlic powder. Use a fork and mix it well.
4. Pour a bit of soya sauce and mix everything well.
5. When all mixed. Set the bowl of marinated turkey meat aside.
Cooking the Chinese mushrooms:
1. Take a large pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to high.
3. When the large pan is hot, put some oil.
4. Put in the onions and stir until done.
5. Put in the Chinese mushrooms.
6. Stir a bit. Let it cook for a few seconds.
(Note: Keep an eye on the Chinese mushrooms, they cook fast.)
7. Stir a bit.
8. Once done. Turn off the heat. Pour it into a bowl and set it aside.
Cooking the turkey meat:
1. Re-use the same large pan
2. Turn the heat to high.
3. When the large pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. Put in the onions and stir until done.
5. Pour the turkey meat into a large pan.
6. Separate the turkey meat apart.
7. Let it cook for a few seconds.
8. Stir the turkey meat for a bit.
9. When almost done. Put some flour and stir.
Continue putting flour until coated everywhere.
10. Stir the turkey meat until you do not see any more flour.
11. Once done. Turn off the heat. Cover the large pan with a lid and set it aside.
Cooking celery, mixed peppers turkey meat and Chinese mushrooms:
1. In the cupboard, take a frying pan and place it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to high. Put in some oil.
3. Put in the onions and stir until it is almost ready.
4. Take the bowl of celery and pour all the celery into the frying pan.
5. Stir the celery a bit.
(Note: Keep an eye on the celery, it cooks fast.)
6. Sprinkle some salt and garlic powder. Pour a bit of soya sauce. Stir to mix.
7. Let it cook for a bit.
8. Turn the heat to medium-low.
9. Stir a bit.
10. Take a piece to taste if it is a bit crunchy and tender. When it is crunchy and tender, that means it is ready. If not, then it needs to be cooked longer.
11. Once celery is ready, pour the turkey meat, mixed peppers and Chinese mushrooms and stir to mix a few times.
(Note: The small peppers and the Chinese mushrooms cook fast.)
12. When done. Pour it all onto a plate and place it on the table.