A stir-fried Shanghai bok choy, when it is put into a large pan, you can hear the sizzling sound. It smells so good. It makes you feel hungry. I put some onions and ginger to stir-fry the Shanghai bok choy. A Shanghai bok choy can be bought at a Chinese supermarket.
When washing Shanghai bok choy, you need to cut off the end hard part and separate it apart. Wash 3-4 times to ensure proper clean without any dirt. When the water is clear, it means that the Shanghai bok choy is clean. When cooking the Shanghai bok choy, you can cook it to the desire of your texture. Some people might like it crunchy and others might like it tender. Putting seasoning is your preference. Putting water to cook the Shanghai bok choy can have a better texture and easier to eat. If you overcook the Shanghai bok choy, it will not be a very green colour.
Kids and adults would like this stir-fried Shanghai bok choy. It is very healthy and good for the eyes.
The colour of this dish came out very nice. It tastes very delicious, and I like it a lot. You can have this for lunch or dinner. This is a good combination with rice. If you are a vegetarian, This will be a perfect dish to make. If you have no idea what kind of vegetable dish to make. This can be a choice dish to make. Try the recipe and enjoy.
1. Take the package of Shanghai bok choy and set it aside.
2. In the cupboard, take out a strainer and a big container to wash the shanghai bok choy.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take the strainer, and place it on the other sink or on the counter with a container to hold the strainer from the water dripping everywhere.
4. Take the shanghai bok choy out of the package and place it in the big container.
5. Separate each shanghai bok choy pieces apart.
6. Cut the end part.
7. Open the cold water and fill it up. While washing, shake each piece in the water to take the dirty stuff out and rinse it with tap water.
(Note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
8. Each timepiece of shanghai bok choy is wash, place in the strainer.
9. Repeat the same step by washing the shanghai bok choy 3-4 times.
10. The last washing. Soak it in the water for a few seconds, and place it onto a strainer and set it aside.
Preparing the onions, and ginger:
1. In the bag, take an onion and place it on the cutting board. Cut off the two ends
2. Peel the skins, and cut the onion in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices.
3. Place the onions in a bowl and set them aside.
4. Take a ginger. Use a spoon and peel the skin.
5. Place the ginger on a cutting board.
6. Cut the ginger into pieces and place it in a bowl and set it aside.
1. In the cupboard, take out a large pan and place it on the stove.
2. Turn on the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put some oil.
4. Put the onions and garlic in the pan.
5. Use a wooden cooking spatula and stir the garlic, and onions until done.
6. Put in the Shanghai bok choy in the pan. You will hear a sizzling sound.
7. Stir the Shanghai for a few seconds.
8. Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and a bit of soya sauce and stir to mix.
9. Pour a bit of water and close the lid.
(Note: If you let it sit and cook too long, the colour will not look greenly.)
10. When the water starts boiling, let it boil for a few seconds.
11. Take a piece and taste if it’s a bit crunchy or tender. If it’s the right texture, that means it is ready. If not, needs to cook it a bit longer.
12. When the Shanghai bok choy is ready, turn off the heat. Take a plate and put all the Shangai bok choy and place it on the table.