This boiled turkey leg is delicious and simple to make. I decided, to use a turkey leg from a whole turkey. When a turkey is bought at a store. It needs to defrost in the fridge for 2-3 days.
When cleaning the turkey, remove any black spots on the turkey. Use some salt and rub the turkey. Rubbing the turkey can out the dirty smell from the turkey. When all rubbed, rinse the turkey. Open wide the turkey legs and follow the guidelines can cut the turkey leg off. The same way that you will cut a chicken.
Boil the turkey leg in hot boiling water for 30-45 minutes. Insert a knife in the middle. If blood comes out, it is not ready. When there is no more blood coming out or pink inside, it is done. Do not overcook the turkey. It will be tough. When ready, place it onto a plate and place it on the table.
Kids and adults would love this turkey leg. You can have the turkey leg for lunch or dinner. The taste of the meat is good. The best combination that goes well with this turkey leg is rice. With the turkey leg, you can mix in the rice. You can also make a remove some meat from the turkey leg and make a sandwich with some lettuce and tomatoes. I like the turkey leg a lot.
If you can not finish it, you can put it in the fridge and have it the next day. If you have no choice what to make, you can consider boiling a turkey leg. Try making this simply boiled turkey leg,
(Turkey needs to be in the fridge to unfreeze for 2-3 days.)
Cleaning the turkey:
1. Take the turkey out of the fridge and place it in the sink.
2. Put on a pair of dishwasher gloves.
3. Take a pair of kitchen scissors and open the package of the turkey.
4. Open the turkey body-wide. Take the bag of hearts out of the turkey.
5. Check if there is any dirty stuff inside the turkey. If there are, remove them.
6. Rinse the turkey.
7. Put some salt and rub it around the turkey.
8. Place the turkey on a strainer with a container over it.
9. Remove the plastic holder from the turkey.
1. In the bag, take out an onions and Peel the onion skin.
2. Place the onion on a cutting board.
3. Cut it in half. Place it on the side and cut into slices.
4. Put it onto a bowl and set it aside.
Preparing the turkey:
1. Put on some dishwasher gloves.
2. Pull wide open the turkey legs.
3. Use scissors and follow the guild line and cut off the turkey legs.
(Note: Cutting off the turkey leg, is like cutting off the chicken leg from a whole chicken.)
4. Repeat the same thing with the other turkey leg.
5. When it is done place it on a mixing bowl.
1. Take out a large pan and put it on the stove.
2. Fill up some water.
3. Turn the heat to high.
4. When the water starts boiling, put in the turkey legs and some slices pieces of onions.
5. Close the lid. Turn the heat to medium-low.
6. Boil the turkey legs for 30-45 minutes.
7. When the time is ready. Open the lid. Take a knife and insert it in the middle.
8. If you see redness coming out, that means it is not ready. It needs to boil a bit longer.
9. Once no more blood coming out and pink inside. It is ready.
10. Once done. Turn off the heat. Take a tong and place it onto a plate and place it on the table.