This stir-fried white radish with ginger is simple to make. I decided to use only a white radish to stir-fry this dish. This white radish can also be called a diakon. You can buy the white radish at a Chinese supermarket or any store that sells white radish.
I cut the radish in half and saved the other half in the fridge to use next time. Rinse, peel the skins. Place the white radish on a cutting board. Take a knife and place it at an angle. While in each turn, cut the white radish into pieces and put it directly into a mixing bowl. Then rinse it again.
I put ginger in the frying pan and stir until done. Pour the white radish into the large pan. Before putting in water, I added some salt, garlic powder, and a bit of soya sauce. Stir to mix. I added a little bit of water and closed the lid to simmer at medium-low for 20-25 minutes. When time is up, take a piece to taste if it’s a bit tender and crunchy. When the texture is right. That means it is ready. Place it onto a plate.
Kids and adults would love this white radish with ginger. It is delicious, and I like it a lot. The best combination with this dish is rice or noodles. It will taste so good. I decided not to put some ginger on top of the white radish. When you have no idea what to make on that day, you can consider making this white radish with ginger dish. Try making this white radish dish, and you will like it a lot. Enjoy.
Preparation the white radish:
1. Take the White Radish out of the fridge.
2. Take a cutting board and cut the white radish in half, or you can use the whole white radish.
(Note: If not using the other half, you can wrap it up with a plastic wrapper and put it in the fridge to use next time.)
3. Rinse the white radish
4. Take a knife peeler and peel off the skin directly into the garbage.
5. Place the white radish on a cutting board. Take a knife and place it at an angle. While in each turn, cut the white radish into pieces and put it directly into a mixing bowl.
6. When all is cut up and put into the mixing bowl, rinse the white radish and set it aside.
Preparing the ginger
1. Take a ginger. Use a spoon and peel the skin.
2. Place the ginger on a cutting board.
3. Cut the ginger into pieces and place it in a bowl and set it aside.
1. In the cupboard, take a large pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. Put the ginger and onions into the large pan and stir until done.
5. Pour the bowl of white radish into the large pan and stir a bit.
6. Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and pour a bit of soya sauce
7. Stir to mix.
8. Pour some water, but not too much. Close the lid.
9. Turn the heat to medium-low.
10. Let the white radish cook for 20-22 minutes.
(Note: Even if the white radish is still simmering in boiling hot water, let it be and continue cooking.)
11. When 20-22 minutes are up, take a large toothpick, insert it in the white radish and see if it goes through. It is ready. If not, you need to cook it a bit longer.
12. Another way is to taste if it’s crunch and tender. If it’s the right texture, it is ready.
(note: you can also cook the white radish to tender.)
13. In the end, if you feel that there is not even taste, you can add some Vietnamese fish sauce. Stir to mix. (Optional)
14. When it is ready, turn off the heat. Take a plate. Pour all the white radish onto a plate and place it on the table.