This stir-fried cabbage is simple to make. This cabbage was bought at a Chinese supermarket. There are many different kinds of cabbage, you can use. This time I used the Taiwanese cabbage.
All you need to do is take the cabbage out of the fridge. Remove any bad part of the cabbage if there are any. If there are none, you can take off the outer skin. Separate the cabbage and cut it into pieces. Wash the cabbage if it’s dirty.
Take out a large pan. Stir-fried the onions and garlic until done, put in the cabbage. Stir a bit. I added some salt, garlic powder and pour some light soya sauce. Stir to mix. I pour a bit of water and let it cook in the boiling water until they are tender for 20 minutes at medium-low. Take a piece of cabbage and taste to see if they are tender. Once tender, it means they are ready. Scoop up all onto a plate.
Kids and adults like this dish a lot. It is very delicious and very healthy. When you make a lot, you can have it throughout the day. If you are a vegetarian, this can be a dish to make. It is very healthy and good for the eyes. Eating green vegetables is good.
This is the best dish to make. When you make the cabbage tender, so it can be easier for kids to eat. When you have no idea what kind of vegetable to make on that day, you can consider making this cabbage. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Washing the cabbage:
1. Take the cabbage out of the fridge.
2. If there are any bad parts, cut them off.
3. Separate the cabbage and cut into pieces.
4. Take a mixing bowl and put all the cabbage onto the mixing bowl.
5. Wash the cabbages 2 times. If it’s very dirty.
6. When all the cabbages are washed, put it aside.
Preparing the onion and garlic:
1. In the bag, take an onion. Use a knife and peel the skins.
2. Place it on the cutting board.
3. Cut it in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices.
4. Put the onions in a bowl and set them aside.
5. Take a mid-size blender and blend the garlic.
6. Put it into a bowl and set it aside.
Cooking the cabbage:
1. In the cupboard, take a frying pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn on the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. Put in the onions and stir until done.
5. Put the bowl of cabbage into the frying pan.
6. Stir the cabbage a few times.
7. Sprinkle some salt and garlic powder. Pour a bit of light soya sauce.
8. Stir the cabbage a bit.
9. Pour in some water. Turn the heat to medium-low and close the lid.
10. Let the cabbage cook in boiling water for 20 minutes.
11. When the time is ready, open the lid.
12. Take a piece of cabbage and taste if the texture is tender. If it’s not tender, you need to cook it a bit longer.
(Note: Do not close the lid once it is boiling again, or cabbage will not be green.)
13. Once the cabbage is cook to a tender texture, that means it is ready.
14. Stir it a bit.
15. Turn the heat off. Scoop up all the cabbages, put it onto a plate and place it on the table.