This boiled Chinese mustard green is delicious and simple to make. This Chinese mustard green are grown from a garden, they are big but not very big, as you would buy from a store. You do not need to eat all at once, you can save some to eat next time. Washing the mustard green does not take long. Wash it 4-5 times until there is no dirty stuff and the water is clear.
All you need to do is boil som eater in a large pan. Put some sliced ginger. When the water srts bloing, pour in the mustard green and close the lid. The water starts boiling, let it cook for a few second. Open the lid. Keep the lid off to prevent the green mustard from not a good colour. Take a piece of Chinese big mustard green and taste if it’s a bit tender. If it’s the right texture, that means it is ready. Now the mustard green is ready. Scoop it onto a plate. I decided to cut the Chinese green mustard into pieces easier to eat.
Kids and adults would love this dish. It is very delicious and tasty. The dish came out bright and colourful. The best dish I recommend with this dish is rice or noodles. It will taste so good. You can make this for lunch or dinner. This vegetarian dish is good for the eyes, and it is very healthy.
When you have leftover, you can make a vegetarian sandwich. When you have no idea what to make on that day, you can consider making this boiled mustard green. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Washing Chinese Mustard Green Vegetable:
1. Take the package of Chinese Mustard Green out of the fridge.
2. In the cupboard take out a strainer and a big container to
wash the Chinese Mustard Green.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take the strainer and place it
on the other sink next to it.
4. Take the Chinese Mustard Green out of the package and place it in the big container.
5. Separate each Chinese Mustard Green pieces apart. Use a knife and cut off the end hard part.
7. Open each Green mustard wide wash it in the water very clean, make sure there are no dirty stuff
in the vegetable.
6. open the cold water and fill it up. Take the end part of the mustard green on each hands. turn it upside down and separate apart and shake it in water.
(note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
7. Each time a pieces is wash, place it in the strainer.
8. Cut the green mustard’s in half and separate the stems and leafs in two different strainer or bowl.
9. Fill the container with water and wash the green mustard 3-4 times and put it aside
(Note: make sure it is all clean and have no dirty stuff.)
10. Wash the stems 2-3 times and put it aside.
Preparing the ginger:
1. Take ginger. Use a spoon and peel the skin.
2. Use a slice cutter. Make sure the knife is attached to the slice cutter.
3. Slice the ginger into strips of pieces.
4. Put the ginger in a bowl and set it aside.
Cooking the Chinese mustard green:
1. In the cupboard, take out a large pan and put it on the stove.
2. Put some water.
2. Turn on the heat to high.
4. put the in some ginger into the large pan
5. When the water starts boiling.
5. Pour the bowl of Chinese mustard green.
6. Close the lid.
7. When the water starts boiling, let it cook in the large pan for a few minutes.
8. Open the lid. Take a piece and taste it. If it’s a tender, that means it is ready. If not, then you need to cook it a bit longer.
(Note: keeping the lid off will prevent the mustard green from being not a good colour.)
9. When the Chinese mustard green is ready.
10. Turn off the heat immediately. Take a plate, pour all the Chinese mustard green onto a plate and place it on the table.