This steamed soft tofu topped with green onions and sliced red peppers is the simplest food to make.
You can have this steamed tofu in no time. This is the healthiest way of making a dish of steam tofu.
I decided to use soft tofu because it’s easier to eat, and it’s not hard. Look at how beautiful the colours came out with green onions and sliced red peppers on top. The soft round tofu can be found at a Chinese supermarket.
All you need to do is cut the soft tofu package in half where the line indicated. Cut the handle and the other half two corners. Take it out from the package carefully into a plate. Slowly cut into round pieces. Take a slice cutter with an attached knife and slice some red peppers on top of the tofu. Wash some green onions and cut into pieces. Sprinkle some green onions on top. The dish will look so nice and colourful.
Take a portable steamer or a pot. Pour in some water. Put a steamer tray or a wire rack. Close the lid and turn the heat to high. When the water starts boiling, open the lid. Use a plate clipper or a kitchen mitten and put the plate of soft tofu topped with green onions and sliced red peppers into the steamer. Be careful, the steamer is hot. Steam the tofu at medium heat for 10 minutes. When ready, use a plate clipper and take out the plate of soft tofu and place it on the table.
Kids and adults would love this dish. You can have this for lunch or dinner. You can have soft tofu topped with green onions and sliced red peppers with rice. You can mix this dish with rice. I like this dish a lot. It is very delicious. When you make a lot, you can have it throughout the day. Once you eat it, you will know how good this is. Try the recipe and enjoy.
1. In the fridge, take the soft tofu roll package. Cut the package in half where the line indicated. Cut the handling package and the other half of the 2 corners.
2. Drain out all the water as much as possible.
3. Slowly pour out the soft tofu onto a glass plate.
4. Use a knife and slowly cut into round pieces.
(Note: if you cut the soft tofu too hard, it will break easily.)
5. Slide the soft tofu in one direction towards yourself.
6. Repeat the same thing on the other side layer.
7. When ready, Set the soft tofu aside.
8. Take a bag of small peppers.
9. Take a slice cutter and make sure the knife is attached to the slice cutter.
10. Slice the red peppers into slices directly onto the plate of soft tofu.
11. In the fridge, take out some green onions. Wash the green onions.
12. Cut the green onions into pieces and sprinkle on top of the soft tofu.
Steaming the tofu:
1. In the cupboard, take out a portable steamer or a pot. Place it on the stove or the table.
2. Put in some water and turn on the heat to high.
3. Place a steamer tray on the steamer and close the lid.
4. Once the water is boiling, open the lid. Use a plate clipper or kitchen mittens and place the plate of soft tofu topped with green onions and sliced red peppers into the steamer tray.
5. Steam the tofu for 10 minutes at medium heat.
6. When the time is ready, turn off the heat.
7. Use a plate clipper and take out the plate of soft tofu and place it on the table.