This hamburger is simple to make. I used ground beef to make the hamburger patty instead of buying from a store. Making home-made patties is very delicious and test better, You can put what ever you like on top of the patty, If you want to know how to make the hamburger steak, mushroom and the vegetable new zealand spinach. I have the recipe at the bottom that shows you the steps how to do it.
To make the plate. I took a large plate. Place the hamburger bun on the plate. Separate the bun. Take a bottle of ketchup. Squeeze the ketchup on both top and bottom bun. Use a tong and place the hamburger onto the hamburger bun. Close the top of the bun and place it nicely onto the plate. Place some new zealand spianch on the side of the plate. Now you have a hamburger with new zealand spianch on the side plate.
Kids and adults would love this chicken burger. Kids can also have fun creating their hamburger with an adult’s help in putting the ingredients in for them. You can have this hamburger for lunch or dinner. Putting some vegetable on the side plate will make the plate look nicer. I really like this dish a lot. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Washing New Zealand spinach:
1. Take the package of New Zealand spinach out of the fridge.
2. In the cupboard, take out a strainer and a big container to wash the yu choy.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take a strainer and place it on the other sink.
4. Take the New Zealand spinach out of the package and place it in the big container.
5. Separate each New Zealand spinach apart.
6. Open each New Zealand spinach wide and wash it in the water very clean, make sure there is no dirty stuff in the vegetable.
7. Open the cold water and fill the container with water. Take the New Zealand spinach in each hand. Turn it upside down and separate apart and shake it in the water.
(Note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
8. Each time a piece is washed, place it in the strainer.
9. Check the water if there is any dirty stuff. Once the water is clear, that means the New Zealand spinach is clean.
10. Fill the container with water and wash the New Zealand spinach three -four times. Once it’s all washed, put it aside.
(Note: make sure it is all clean and has no dirty stuff.)
Marinate ground beefs:
1. Take a clean bowl.
2. in the package take as much ground beef as you need in the bowl.
3. Add in 2 tablespoon of quick oats. Use a wooden or a fork spatula and mix well together.
4. A lot of garlic powder, a bit of salt, soya sauce and turmeric. Mix well together.
5. Put in some cornstarch. Mix it together, until you do not see any cornstarch in the bowl.
6. Put in some flour and make sure it is coated everywhere. Mix together, until you do not see any
7. When everything is all mix up. Set it aside.
8. Take an onion. Peel the onion skin. Place it on the cutting board. Cut in half. Cut into pieces and dice into small pieces.
9. Take out a pan from the cupboard and place it on the stove.
10. Turn the heat to high.
11.when the pan is hot, put some oil.
12. Put all the onions and stir for a few minutes, until it is ready.
13. When the onions are ready, turn off the heat.
13. Take a mid size bowl and put all the cook onions.
14. wait for the onions in the bowl to cool down.
15. When the bowl of onions are cool down, put all the onions in the bowl of marinated ground beef.
16. Mix all together very well.
17. when it is all mix together, set is aside.
Prepare the mushroom:
1. Wash the mushroom and clean with a brush, until all the dirt comes out.
2. Rinse mushroom very well.
3. Cut up the mushroom into pieces.
Cooking hamburger steak:
1. In the fridge, take out a non-stick pan. and put it on the stove.
2. When the pan is hot. Put some oil.
3. Put in the onions and stir until done.
4. Put all the ground beef into the pan and flatten it all together.
5. Separate the hamburger steak apart into pieces. You can separate the hamburger steak
into any size piece of your choice.
6. Cook each side for 6-7 minutes or until you see no more pink inside with the lid close.
(Note: Closing the lid will cook faster. The cooking time of the hamburger steak depends on the size.)
7. To know if the hamburger steak pieces are cook, by cutting them in the middle.
If you still see pink, you need to cook it a bit longer.
8. When the hamburger steak pieces are done, turn off the heat.
Place the hamburger pieces onto a plate and place it on the table.
Cooking the mushroom:
1. Re-use the same in the pan. Turn the heat to medium-low.
2. When the pan is hot. Put in some oil.
3. Put some onions and stir until done.
4. Pour in the bowl of mushroom into the pan.
5. Sprinkle onion powder and garlic powder and stir for a bit.
6. Put a bit of flour. Then keep on string it until you see bubble.
(Note: Make sure all the flour are coated all around the mushroom.)
7. When you see bubble that means it is ready. String continuously with the flour
can have some sauce at the bottom.
8. When done. Take the pan of mushroom with onions and pour it on top of the hamburger steak.
Cooking New Zealand spinach:
1. In the cupboard, take out a large pan.
2. Place it on the stove.
3. Pour some water into the large pan. If there is not enough water, then you can add more.
(note: Add just the right amount of water that you need to boil the new zealand spinach.)
4. Turn on the heat to high and cover the lid.
5. Wait until the water is boiling.
6. When the water is boiling, add the new zealand spinach into a large pan and cover the lid.
7. Just wait for it to boil up. Once the water is boiling up, open the lid and keep the lid off.
(Note: Keeping the cover off will prevent the vegetable from being not having a good colour.)
9. When the new zealand spinach is boiling again. Leave it on the water for two more minutes.
(Note: Do not cook the new zealand spinach too long, it will not stay greenly.)
12. Once it’s ready. Turn off the heat and place all the new zealand spinach on a plate and place it on the table.
Making the hamburger:
1. Take a large plate, put the hamburger bun on the plate.
2. Take ketchup out of the fridge. Squeeze the ketchup on the top and bottom bun.
3. Put the hamburger steak on the bread.
4. Close the top bun.
5. Place the hamburger bun nicely on the plate.
6. Use a tong and put some new zealand spinach on the side plate.
7. Now you have a hamburger with new zealand spinach on the side plate.