This is the 5th time I made a steamed whole chicken. I decided to bought a big whole chicken. Buying a whole chicken can have more to eat. If you have cleaning a whole chicken before. It is very simple.
All you need to do is open the package. Take one whole chicken. Rinse the chicken. Open up the inside and take all the dirty stuff out. Make sure it is very clean inside. Put salt and Chinese cooking wine all around the chicken. Rub it all around the chicken. Then let it sit for 5-10 minutes to get the chicken smell away. Then rinse the chicken. Place it in a bowl to drain the water out.
If you like, you can marinate the chicken with some salt and cooking wine. You can also put some onions and gingers on top of the chicken. It is optional. I prefer marinating it and putting onions and ginger on the top.
To steam the whole chicken, take a large pan. Put in some water. Place a wire rack and close the lid. When the water starts boiling, place the chicken into the steamer. It needs to be steam for 30 minutes. When done, check and see if there is still some blood, redness or pink. If there is, then cook it a bit longer. Make sure not to over cook the chicken, or it will become tough. If you still see some pieces are red, not well-done, then you can put it in the microwave to heat it up. Different microwave heating time can be different. The chicken came out of the steamer nice and beautiful. This time I made it perfectly and well done.
To cut the whole chicken into pieces, put some plastic kitchen gloves on, and cut the chicken into pieces using scissors and place it in a large plate. If you do not want to cut the whole chicken into pieces all at once, you can cut the chicken piece that you want to eat.
Kids and adults would like this steam whole chicken. Steaming chicken is better and healthy. The best combination that goes well with chicken is rice. You can mix the chicken in the rice, and it will taste so good and delicious. It will make you feel more hungry that you want to have more. You can have this for lunch or dinner. Once you eat this whole chicken, you will know how amazing this chicken would taste. Try the recipe and enjoy.
1. Put on a pair of dish washer gloves
2. Take the chicken out of the package
3. wash the chicken.
4. Take a scissors and cut out some of the fatty skins from the chicken
mostly from the butt part.
5. Take out all the dirty stuff in chicken.
6. Rinse the chicken inside until it is clean.
7. When you see if it is still dirty clean it some more.
8. Put some some salt all around the chicken and some chicken cooking wine.
9. rub it all around, so it would not stink. Wait for 5-10 minutes.
10. Rinse the chicken again.
11. put the chicken in a plastic bowl to let the water out.
1. Put the chicken on a plate.
2. Take a large pan and put it on the stove.
3. Put some cold water.
4. Place a wire rack in the large pan.
5. Close the lid and turn the heat to high.
6. When the water starts boiling, put the plate of whole chicken into the large pan.
7. Close the lid.
8. Cook the chicken for 30 min
9. Do not overcook the chicken or else it will get old
10. When it is done. Take it out and place it on the table.
11. If You like you can cut the whole chicken into pieces and put it onto a plate
11. If you see the chicken still have some redness or pink that is not well done, you
can heat it in the microwave.
(Note: Heating up the chicken depends on your microwave wattage. The heating time can be
12. Now the chicken is ready.