A baked 2-white fish topped with sliced onions is simple to make. You will have to clean the fish. Most of the time when you buy a frozen fish from a store, you will have to clean it. Filet fish does not have to be clean because most of them are just meat from fish. A whiting fish can be a choice to make, it is very tasty and all you need to do is clean, marinate it and bake it. This is the first time I baked a whiting fish.
Take a baking tray and prepare parchment paper. Put some oil on the parchment paper. Place the 2 whiting fish on the baking tray. Before baking the whiting fish, pre-heat the oven before you bake the whiting fish.
While it is pre-heating, you can marinate the salmon with some garlic powder, salt and a bit of soya sauce. I added some sliced onions on top of the salmon to look nicer. If you do not like the ingredients that I have, you put whatever you like.
Put it in the pre-heat oven and bake it for 17 minutes. When it is done. Take it out of the oven and place it on the table. It is such simple and easy food to make. Once you make whiting fish a lot, you will know how fast and easy this salmon can be made.
Kids and adults would love this whiting fish. You can have this for lunch or dinner. The best combination with this salmon is rice. It will taste so good and delicious. Be careful eating the fish because there are some bones in the fish.
Younger kids would need help from an adult picking the fish meat for them since it has bones in the fish. It is best to eat the whole fish on the same day fresh. When you know how to clean, marinate and steam. You can make any kind of fish. The red fish is one of my favourite fish. This is a very good fish to make. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Cleaning the whiting fish:
1. Take the package of frozen whiting fish out of the freezer.
2. Take out as many whiting fish as you need, put it in a bowl of warm water and soak the frozen redfish into the bowl to unfrozen it for about 4-5 minutes.
(Note: If you are using the whole bag of fish, then soak the bag in warm water.)
3. Put on a pair of dishwasher gloves.
4. Take the whiting fish out of the bowl.
(Note: If using the whole bag, open the bag with scissors and take the fish out of the bag.)
5. Wash the fish.
6. There are fins in the top and bottom. Use scissors and lift the fins.
7. Soak the fish in water for a bit.
8. Take the fish out of the bowl and cut all the fins off to prevent them from getting cut.
(Note: Cutting the fins off will be easier to clean the fish.
9. Take a knife and fish. At an angled knife, scrape off the scales everywhere on the fish.
(Note: Make sure the fish is clean without any scales.)
10. Take scissors and cut a straight line on the stomach almost to the middle.
11. Take out all the dirty stuff inside the stomach.
(Note: Make sure the fish is all clean inside.)
12. When it is all clean. Rinse inside and make sure there is no dirty thing inside.
13. When it’s all done. Rinse the fish again. Place it in a mixing bowl to get all the water out.
Preparing the onions:
1. In the bag, take an onion and place it on the cutting board. Cut off the two ends.
2. Peel the skins, and cut the onion in half.
3. Place the onion on the side and cut it into slice of pieces.
3. Place the sliced pieces of onions into a bowl and set them aside.
Marinating the Whiting fish:
1. Take a baking tray.
2. Put a parchment paper. Put a bit of oil.
3. Place the whiting fish on the baking tray.
4. Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder, a bit of soya sauce and some spices on both sides.
5. Put some sliced onions on top of the salmon.
Baking the whiting fish:
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350F (180 degrees) until it is hot.
2. Put the baking tray of salmon into the a pre-heat oven.
3. Bake it for 20-25 minutes.
4. When the time is ready, Take a pieces and taste to see if it’s ready. If it is not then you need to
cook it a bit longer.
5. Once you feel it is ready, You can leave it in the oven until you are ready to eat, to keep the
Whiting fish warm.
(Note: If you feel it’s not well-done then you can heat it in the microwave, to be sure it is properly cooked. Different
microwave wattage heatng time can be different.)
6. Once you are ready to eat, Use a kitchen mitten and take out the whiting fish and place
it on the table.