This yu choy is very delicious and easy to make. The yu choy came out perfectly after boiling from a large pan. It does not look to hard or soft. It is just the perfect texture to eat.
Look how green and beautiful it is. It brightens the colour of the dish. I like this dish a lot. You can buy yu choy at a Chinese supermarket.
This is a perfect combination dish that goes well with noddles or rice. Which ever you choose as your desire. The yu choy is a very healthy vegetable to eat. It is good for the body and eyes. If you’re a vegetarian person, this will be a perfect dish to make at home. It only has vegetable with no meat, oil or salt. A healthy way of making an Yu choy.
The boiling vegetable is very healthy. After boiling the yu choy with the water left in the large pan, you can drink it as soup. It saves time in making a soup. You can also use the soup base for noodles. A delicious and healthy dish you can make. It does not take long and you will enjoy this yu choy vegetable. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Washing yu choy:
1. Take the package of yu choy out of the fridge.
2. In the cupboard, take out a strainer and a big container to wash the yu choy.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take a strainer and place it on the other sink.
4. Take the yu choy out of the package and place it in the big container.
5. Separate each yu choy apart. Use a knife and cut off the hard part.
6. Open each yu choy wide and wash it in the water very clean, make sure there is no dirty stuff in the vegetable.
7. Open the cold water and fill the container with water. Take the yu choy in each hand. Turn it upside down and separate apart and shake it in the water.
(Note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
8. Each time a piece is washed, place it in the strainer.
9. Check the water if there is any dirty stuff. Once the water is clear, that means the watercress is clean.
10. Fill the container with water and wash the yu choy four times. Once it’s all washed, put it aside.
(Note: make sure it is all clean and has no dirty stuff.)
Preparing garlic and ginger:
1. Take garlic. Use a knife and peel the skins.
2. Take the garlic’s. Place it on a cutting board and cut it into pieces.
3. Take a ginger. Use a spoon and peel the skin.
4. Place the ginger on a cutting board.
5. Cut the ginger into pieces and place it in a bowl and set it aside.
1. In the cupboard, take out a large pan.
2. Place it on the stove.
3. Pour some water into the large pan. Then add some sliced garlic
(note: Add just the right amount of water that you need to boil the yu choy.)
4. Turn on the heat to high and cover the lid.
5. Wait until the water is boiling.
6. When the water is boiling, add the yu choy into a large pan and cover the lid.
(Note: Make sure all the yu choy are on the water and nothing is sticking out.)
8. Just wait for it to boil up. Once the water is boiling up, open the lid and keep the lid off.
(Note: Keeping the cover off will prevent the vegetable from being not having a good colour.)
9. When the yu choy is boiling again. Leave it on the water for two more minutes.
(Note: Do not cook the yu choy too long, it will not stay greenly.)
12. Once it’s ready, turn off the heat and place all the yu choy on a plate and place it on the table.