Chinese chrysanthemum leaves have the source of potassium, fibre, vitamins A and C, calcium, and flavonoids. Eating green vegetables is good for the eyes, and it is healthy.
A bowl of boiled Chinese chrysanthemum vegetables is a simple and delicious dish to make. You can also call the Chinese chrysanthemum (Tong ho). This kind of vegetable is found at the Chinese supermarket. It comes in a mid-size package and large package. It all depends on the size of what the store is selling.
The only part that took the longest was washing the Chinese chrysanthemum. It needs to be washed until there is no more dirty stuff on the vegetable.
Boiling Chinese chrysanthemums does not take long, and you can have this Chinese chrysanthemum in no time. Make sure not to overcook the vegetable, or it will become yellow. Look at how beautiful and perfect the chrysanthemums came out after boiling from a large pan.
Kids and adults would love this dish. It is very delicious, and I like this dish a lot. The perfect combination that goes well with boiled Chinese chrysanthemum would be noodles or rice. Whatever you choose as your desire. I prefer eating it with rice because It will taste good mixing with the rice. If you like having it with noodles. The vegetable water that is left in the large pan can be used for ta soup-based noodles. It is a good dish to make. If you have no idea what to cook, you can consider making this bowl of Chinese chrysanthemum. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Washing Chinese chrysanthemum:
1. Take the package of Chinese chrysanthemum vegetable out of the fridge.
2. In the cupboard take out a strainer and a big container to wash the Chinese chrysanthemum vegetable.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take the strainer and place it on the other sink next to it.
4. Take the Chinese chrysanthemum vegetable out of the package and place it in the big container.
5. Separate each Chinese chrysanthemum vegetable pieces apart.
6. Use a knife and cut off the end hard part.Open each Chinese chrysanthemum vegetable wide wash it in the water very clean, make sure there are no dirty stuff in the vegetable.
7. Open the cold water and fill it up. Take the end part of the Chinese chrysanthemum vegetable on each hands. turn it upside down and separate apart and shake it in water.
(note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
8. Each time a pieces is wash, place it in the strainer.
Fill the container with water and wash the Chinese chrysanthemum vegetable 3-4 times and put it aside
(Note: make sure it is all clean and have no dirty stuff.)
Boiling the pork and Chinese chrysanthemum:
1. In the cupboard take out a pot or a large pan.
2. Place on the stove.
3. Pour some cold water into the pot or a large pan.
6. Turn on the heat to high and cover the lid.
7. Wait for about 10-15 minutes or until the water is boiling
8. When the water is boiling ready, add the Chinese chrysanthemum vegetable into the pot or a large pan and cover the lid for a little a bit.
(Note: Make sure all the Chinese chrysanthemum vegetable pieces are in the water and nothing is sticking out.)
9. When the Chinese chrysanthemum boil up again, take the lid off.
(Note: Keeping the lid open will prevent the vegetable from having a not-good colour.)
8. When the Chinese chrysanthemum vegetable is boiling again. Let it sit and cook in the boiling water for little bit.
10. Once they are ready. Take a tong and place all the Chinese chrysanthemum vegetable into a bowl.