A simple stir-fry bowl of beef with tomatoes, red onions and green onions. I used fresh tomatoes that were grown in the garden. It tastes so good when you grow your own tomatoes. I decided to use beef to cook with the tomatoes, red onions and green onions. The dish will look so nice and colourful.
First, I take the beef out of the freezer. I defrost it in the microwave. Different defrosting time in the microwave can be different. When it is done. I cut the beef into thin slices. I put all the beef into a mixing bowl. I marinate it with a bit of baking soda, some salt, garlic powder, onion salt, a little bit of light soya sauce. I used a fork to mix the beef. Mixing the beef with some baking powder will have a better texture of the beef. I also added some corn starch and mix it all together. Then I coated the beef with some flour. I mix it all together. When all is done. I set the bowl of beef aside.
I cooked the beef in a non-stick pan. First, I put the oil. When the pan is hot, I put in the red onions and stir until done. I pour the beef into the pan. I separate them apart from each other and cook until both sides are golden brown on low heat. Cook until the beef has no redness or pink inside. Make sure to keep an eye on the beef because they cook fast. Once done. Pour the beef and onions onto a bowl and set it aside.
Second, I take a few tomatoes and cut them into pieces and place it onto a bowl and set it aside. In the cupboard I took out a non-stick pan and place it on the stove. I turn it to high heat. When the pan is hot, I pour some oil. I put in the tomatoes and cook them until they are mash into a sauce texture. If the tomatoes are too big, you can break them into mash pieces. I added a bit of salt and garlic powder. Cook until it is the texture of your desire. Once the texture is right, I added some flour until the sauce thicken. When sauce is thicken I pour the onion with beef into the pan and mix it all together. When done. Pour it into a bowl and place it on the table.
Kids and adults would love this dish a lot. You can have this stir-fry bowl of beef with tomatoes, red onions and green onions with rice. Eating it with rice, you can mix the tomato and beef together. It will taste so good. It will make you very hungry that you will want to have some more. This is a very good dish to make. I decided to add some beef to have a combination dish that will look nice together. Using home-grown tomatoes will taste so juicy and good. If you have no idea what to make on that day, this will be a good choice to make. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Marinating the beefs:
1. Take out beef from the fridge. Place it on a cutting board and cut part of the beef portion you will need to use.
2. Whatever is leftover, wrap it with a plastic wrapper and place it in the freezer for the next time use.
3. Take a clean bowl. Cut the beefs into pieces and place it in the bowl.
4. Marinate with baking soda, salt, soya sauce and sesame oil. Mix it very well.
(Note: Putting baking soda on the beefs will make the beefs more tender.)
5. Put a bit of cornstarch into a bowl and add 2-3 tablespoons of water and mix it. Pour it into the beefs and mix it.
6. Put in some flour and mix until you see no more flour.
(Note: Make sure the flours are all coated with the beefs.)
7. When it is all marinated, put it aside.
Preparing the red onions and green onions:
1. In the bag, take an onion and place it on the cutting board. Cut off the two ends.
2. Peel the skins, and cut the onion in half.
3. Place the onion on the side and cut it into slice of pieces.
3. Place the sliced pieces of onions into a bowl and set them aside.
4. In the fridge, take out some green onions.
5. Rinse it very well.
6. Place it onto a cutting board and cut into small pieces.
7. Place it onto a bowl and set it aside.
Preparing the tomatoes:
1. In the fridge, that out 2 tomatoes.
2. Place it on the cutting board.
3. Take a teeth knife.
4. Cut the tomato in half. place it on the side and cut into pieces.
5. Repeat the same thing with the other tomatoe.
6. Once it is all cut up, put it aside.
Cooking the beefs:
1. Take a non-stick pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to medium-low.
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. Put in some red onions and stir until done.
5. Put the beefs in the pan and separate them apart.
6. While cooking the beefs, turn the beef to low heat.
7. Wait for the beefs a bit, then flip the beefs to the other side
(Note: The beefs cooks ready fast, so you need to keep an eye on it.)
8. Wait for the beefs to cook by themselves.
9. Move the pan 2 -3 times.
10. Cook until the beefs are well done.
(Note: Make sure no pink or red colours are showing.)
11. When the beefs are ready, turn the heat off.
12. Put it in a bowl and set it aside.
Cooking the tomatoes and beef together:
1.In the cupboard take out a large pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. Put in some onions and stir until done.
4. Pour the bowl of tomatoes into the pan.
5. Cook the tomatoes until they are a sauce texture.
(Note: you can use a cooking spatula and smash all the tomatoes into a mash.)
6. Put in some garlic powder and salt.
7. Stir to mix.
10. Taste the tomatoes and see if it’s the right texture.
11. Once it is the right texture. Add in flour and stir until the sauce is thicken.
12. Once the sauce is thicken. Pour in the bowl of beef with onions.
13. Mix all together.
14. Turn off the heat and pour it all onto a bowl and place it on the table.