This is a stir fry Chinese broccoli’s with beefs. It’s so delicious and simple to make. The Chinese broccoli can be bought at a Chinese supermarket. I decide to put some beefs with the Chinese broccoli to look nice and to match the combination. I really like this dish a lot.
When you boil the broccoli’s before stir frying, you can test the texture to see if crunchy or tender is better for you. which ever you choose. The beefs are fast cooking in the pan.
This dish goes well with rice or noodles which ever you choose as your desire. Adults and kids will would like this dish, but I recommend making the broccoli’s tender for the kids easier to eat. You can have this for lunch or dinner and if you can not finish it, you can put it in the fridge and have it the next day. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Washing Chinese broccoli:
1. Take the package of Chinese broccoli out of the fridge.
2. In the cupboard take out a strainer and a big container to
wash the Chinese broccoli.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take the strainer and place it
on the other sink next to it.
4. Take the Chinese broccoli out of the package and place it in the big container.
5. Separate each Chinese broccoli pieces apart. Use a knife and cut off the end hard part.
7. Open each Chinese broccoli wide wash it in the water very clean, make sure there are no dirty stuff
in the vegetable.
6. Open the cold water and fill it up. Take the end part of the mustard green on each hands. turn it upside down and separate apart and shake it in water.
(note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
7. Each time a pieces is wash, place it in the strainer.
8. Fill the container with water and wash the Chinese broccoli 3-4 times and put it aside
(Note: make sure it is all clean and have no dirty stuff.)
Marinate the beefs:
1. Take out a beef. Place it on a cutting board and cut the part of the beef the portion you need.
2. What ever is left over, wrap it with a plastic wrapper and place it in the freezer.
3. Take a clean bowl. Cut the beefs into pieces and place it in the bowl
4. Marinate with bake soda, salt, soya sauce and sesame oil. Mix it together very well.
(Note: Putting baking soda on the beefs will make the beefs more tender.)
5. Put 2-3 tablespoons of water and mix it together. Then add in flour and mix all together, until you do not see any more flour.
(Note: Make sure the flours are all coated with the beefs.)
Boiling the broccoli:
1. In the cupboard take out a pot or a large pan.
2. Place on the stove.
3. Pour 5-6 cups of cold water into the pot or a large pan. If there is not enough water then you can add more.
(note: Add just the right amount of water that you need to boil the Chinese broccoli.)
4. Turn on the heat to high and cover the lid.
5. Wait for about 10-15 minutes or until the water is boiling
6. When the water is boiling ready, add the Chinese broccoli into the pot or a large pan and cover the lid.
(Note: Make sure all the Chinese broccoli pieces are in the water and nothing is sticking out.)
7. Wait for the Chinese broccoli to boil up again. It might take around 5-6 minutes.
8. Open the lid and keep the lid off.
(Note: Keeping the lid open will prevent the vegetable from being not so greenly.)
9. When the Chinese broccoli is boiling again. Let it sit and cook in the boiling water for little bit.
10. Turn off the heat.
11. place it on a plate and set it aside.
Cooking the beefs:
1. Take a non stick pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to low medium.
3. When the pan is hot, put some oil.
4. Add in the beefs and separate apart.
5. While cooking the beefs, turn the beef to low heat.
6. Wait for the beefs a bit, then flip the beefs to the other side
7. Wait for the beefs to cook by itself.
8. Move the pan 2 -3 times.
9. Cook until the beefs are well done.
( note: Make sure there are no pink or red colour showing.)
10. When the beefs are ready, turn the heat off.
11. Put it in a bowl and set it aside.
Cooking the Chinese broccoli and beefs together:
1. take 2 garlic’s and peel the skins. Chop into pieces.
2. Take a fry pan. Turn the heat to high.
3. When the pan is heat up. Put some oil.
3. Put in the garlic. Use a wooden spatula and stir the garlic, until it is almost cook.
4. Take the Chinese broccoli and put it in the pan.
5. Separate the broccoli apart and stir for a bit.
6. Add in garlic powder, salt, and soya sauce
7. Keep on string for a few seconds.
8. Put in some water and close the lid.
9. When the water is boiling, open the lid and add in the beefs
10. Stir the Chinese broccoli’s and beefs together.
11. Add in a bit of cooking wine and stir a a few times.
12. Turn the heat off.
13. Scoop up all into a plate and place it on the table.
14. Enjoy this wonderful Chinese broccoli with beef.