This is a Chinese green mustard vegetable soup with soft tofu and ground beef balls . It is very delicious and simple to make. I decided to make this soup from an slow cooker. Look at how beautiful the colour came out after making the soup.The Chinese green mustard vegetable from the water made it so greenly colour.
If you do no not have a slow cooker, you can make it from a soup pot. The Chinese green mustard vegetable can be found at a Chinese supermarket.
You can have this soup for lunch or dinner. The best combination that goes well with this soup would be with rice or noodles. You can take the Chinese green mustard vegetable, tofu and gound beef balls and have it with rice or noodles. Eating green vegetable is good for the eyes and body. I really like this soup a lot. Kids and adults would enjoy such a wonderful soup with different things inside the soup. Try this recipe and enjoy.
Washing Chinese Mustard Green Vegetable:
1. Take the package of Chinese Mustard Green out of the fridge.
2. In the cupboard take out a strainer and a big container to
wash the Chinese Mustard Green.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take the strainer and place it
on the other sink next to it.
4. Take the Chinese Mustard Green out of the package and place it in the big container.
5. Separate each Chinese Mustard Green pieces apart. Use a knife and cut off the end hard part.
7. Open each Green mustard wide wash it in the water very clean, make sure there are no dirty stuff
in the vegetable.
6. open the cold water and fill it up. Take the end part of the mustard green on each hands. turn it upside down and separate apart and shake it in water.
(note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
7. Each time a pieces is wash, place it in the strainer.
8. Cut the green mustard’s in half and separate the stems and leafs in two different strainer or bowl.
9. Fill the container with water and wash the green mustard 3-4 times and put it aside
(Note: make sure it is all clean and have no dirty stuff.)
10. Wash the stems 2-3 times and put it aside.
Marinate ground beefs:
1. Take a clean bowl.
2. Put as much ground beef as you need in the bowl.
3. Put in garlic powder, a bit of salt, soya sauce, cooking wine, fish sauce,and turmeric
4. Use a fork and mix everything well together.
5. Put some cornstarch and make sure everywhere is coated and mix all well
6. Put a lot of flour and coat everywhere and mix well.
7. When everything is all mix together and set it aside.
Making the ground beefs into a balls:
1. Take the bowl of marinated ground beefs
2. Take a spoon scoop up some ground beefs
3. Tilt the bowl and flip the spoon over, using the head of the spoon and roll it into a ball
from edge. Then move it back and forward a few times.
4. Each ball that is finish leave it in the bowl.
5. Repeat the same steps for the rest of the ground beefs balls.
6. When all is done set it a side.
Preparing the soft tofu
1.Take the soft tofu roll package. Cut the in hand slowly. Cut the 2 corners.
2. Slowly pour out the soft tofu into a mixing bowl
3. Directly, use a knife and slowly cut into pieces
(note: if you cut the soft tofu too hard, it will brake easily.)
Cooking the soup using a slow cooker:
1. Take out a slow cooker and fill up the pot with water
2. Peel the garlic’s and ginger’s skins. cut into pieces.
3. Put it into the slower cook. Turn on the slow cooker to cook
4. Wait for the water to boil.
5. When the water is boiling, add in the mustard green vegetable stems first and close the lid. Let it cook, until the water comes to a second time boiling.
6. When the water is boiling, add in the leaves mustard green vegetable and the soft tofu. boiling.
7. Leave the lid open because if you close the lid, the mustard green vegetable will become not so greenly.
8. When the water is boiling again, scoop up the mustard green vegetable into a bowl.
(Note: to prevent it from becoming not so greenly.)
9. Put in the ground beef balls slowly into the slow cooker.
(Note: Be careful the water is hot and does not splash on you.)
10. Once is boiling again turn off the heat.
12. Now the soup is ready to eat