This boiled white radish topped with green onions is simple to make. I decided to use a rice cooker to boil the white radish. I did not add any seasoning. Just simple and natural. Boiling food is very healthy.
To prepare the white radish, I cut it in half. Rinse the white radish. Peel the skin and put the knife at an angle. While turning, cut the white radish into pieces. I place all the white radish into a mixing bowl.
All you need is the white radish because they take longer to cook. It takes about 20-25 minutes. To know if it’s tender. Insert a large toothpick. If it goes through, that means it is ready. If it’s not, you will need to cook it a bit longer. When it is all cooked, I use a skimmer spoon and scoop up all the white radish into a plate.
Kids and adults would love this white radish. It’s healthy and very delicious. Since it is coming from boiling water. I like it a lot. You can have these for lunch or dinner. The best combination that goes well with this dish is rice or noodles. The boiling water that is left in the rice cooker, you can drink it as soup or use it as a soup base for noodles. Boiling food is very healthy. When you make a lot, you can have it throughout the day. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Preparing the white radish:
1. Take the white radish out of the fridge.
2. Take a cutting board and cut the white radish in half, or you can use the whole white radish.
(Note: If not using the other half, you can wrap it up with a plastic wrapper and put it in the fridge to use next time.)
3. Take a knife peeler and peel off the skin directly into the garbage.
4. Place the white radish on a cutting board. Take a knife and place it at an angle. While in each turn, cut the white radish into pieces and put it directly into a mixing bowl.
5. When all is cut up and put into the mixing bowl, rinse the white radish and set it aside.
Cooking the white radish:
1. Take out a rice cooker. Plug in the plug
2. Fill the rice cooker with water. The amount you need to boil.
3. Turn the rice cooker to rice cook. Wait for the water to start boiling.
4. When the water starts boiling add in the White radish into the rice cooker.
5. Boiled and simmer in the rice cooker for 20-25 minutes.
6. When the water starts boiling again and 25 minutes is ready. Take a pieces of
white radish and taste if it’s tender. You can also take a fork and if it goes through the white radish,
that means it is ready. If not, you need to cook it a bit longer.
7. Once ready and tender, take a skimmer spoon and scoop up all white radish and put it on the plate
and place it onto the table.
8. Take some green onions. Rinse the green onions.
9. Place it onto a cutting board and cut into small pieces.
10. Sprinkle some green onions on top of the white radish.
11. Enjoy this wonder plate of white radish topped with green onions.