This stir-fried zucchini with mushrooms is simple to make. It’s a fast dish that you can cook in less than 25 minutes. You can make the dry mushrooms the night before in an instant pot to save time. Leave it to soak inside an instant pot of water overnight.
This time I used a different way of cutting the zucchini into a different shape. Place the knife at an angle. While in each turn, cut the zucchini into pieces and put it directly into a mixing bowl. When cooking the zucchini, they have to be cooked until a bit crunchy and a tender texture. When they are cooked until a bit crunchy and tender. You can pour the bowl of mushrooms into the pan with the zucchini and stir together. Put some flour in the pan so that it can coat the liquid in the pan to have a sauce. Without the sauce, it will taste dry.
Look at how beautiful the colour of the zucchini and the Chinese mushrooms are that are mixed together in the dish. It is very tasty, and I like it a lot. The Chinese mushrooms can be found and bought at a Chinese supermarket.
Younger kids might have a hard time eating the zucchini. If you cook it to a tender texture, it will be easier for younger kids to eat. Adults would like it a bit crunchy and tender. You can also cook it half and half and the way you desire the texture that is eaten. The best combination with this dish is rice. All the sauce zucchini and Chinese mushroom that you can mix in with the rice. You can have this for lunch or dinner. If you can’t finish, you can save it in the fridge to eat it the next day. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Cooking Chinese mushrooms in an instant pot.
1. Take an instant pot and put it on the table.
2. Plug the plug.
3. Put some water. The amount you need to cook the Chinese mushroom.
4. In the cupboard, take the package of Chinese dry mushrooms. |
5. Take as much dry mushroom as needed to cook, put it in a strainer and rinse the mushrooms.
6. Pour it into the instant pot and close the lid.
7. Press the manual button and set the time to 12 minutes.
8. Once 15-minute finish. It will release the pressure of the value.
9. (Note: Don’t open the pressure cooker lid while it is pressuring-cooking or else it will explode.)
10. Once done and the gray thing drops to the bottom, that means it is ready. Open the lid
11. Taste a piece of Chinese mushroom to check if it is the desired texture.
12. If you prefer tender, pour out the water and Chinese mushroom into a strainer.
13. Fill the instant pot with water. Pour the Chinese mushroom back into the instant pot.
14. Press the saute button, and it will manually turn on and cook itself.
15. When the water starts boiling, press the cancel button. Place the lid back on the instant pot and leave it to soak in the water for 30 minutes.
16. When 30 minutes are up, it will be tender.
17. Now it is ready to use.
Preparation of the zucchini:
1. In the fridge, take 3 pieces of zucchini. If you feel that the zucchini is slippy, rinse with water and rub the zucchini with a cloth.
2. Place the zucchini on the cutting board and cut off 2 end parts.
3. Take a knife and place it at an angle. While in each turn, cut the zucchini into pieces and put it directly into a mixing bowl.
(Note: Do not cut the zucchini too small or big. Just the right size. )
4. Set the bowl of zucchini aside.
1. In an instant pot, take out as many Chinese mushrooms as needed and place it on a cutting board.
2. Cut the Chinese mushrooms into pieces and put them directly onto a strainer.
3. Take the strainer and rinse the Chinese mushrooms and set it aside.
4. Take an onion. Use a knife peeler and peel the onion skin.
5. Place it on the cutting board. Cut it in half, place it on the side and cut it into slices.
6. Put all the onions into a bowl and set it aside.
Cooking the zucchini and Chinese mushrooms:
1. In the cupboard, take a large pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. Put the onions and stir until done.
5. Take the bowl of zucchini and pour it into the large pan.
6. Stir the zucchini a bit.
7. Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and pour a bit of soya sauce.
8. Stir the zucchini a few times.
9. Pour in some water and close the lid.
(Note: Keep an eye on the zucchini because they can cook fast.)
10. When the water starts boiling, let it cook by itself for 1 minute.
11. Open the lid and stir a bit.
12. Take a piece of zucchini and taste if it’s a bit crunchy and tender.
13. When it is a bit crunchy and tender, that means it is ready. If not, needs to cook it a bit longer.
14. When the zucchini is tender, pour in the Chinese mushrooms and stir.
15. Put some flour and stir until there is no more flour showing.
16. Stir again. Once done, turn off the heat. Pour the zucchini and Chinese mushrooms on a plate and place them on the table.