This is the 10th time I have made steamed tofu. It is the easiest recipe to make and not too hard. It does not take long. Most supermarket sells tofu. Most of the time I get tofu at a Chinese supermarket. It comes in all different kinds of tofu texture. I decided to use firm tofu. Firm tofu are easier to cut. Using soft or medium tofu can break easily when you cut them too hard.
This is the healthiest dish you can make. Steaming tofu is better than frying tofu from a pan. The tofu is very tasty. I like this dish a lot. I decided to sprinkle some green onions on the top of the tofu to look nice and colourful.
Kids and Adults would love this steam tofu a lot. The best combination that goes well with this dish is rice.You can mix the tofu and sauce, in the rice. When you have no idea what to make on that day, you can consider making this steam tofu. A fast, easy dish to make. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Preparing the onions and green onions:
1. Take an onions. Peel the skin
2. Cut the onion in half.
3. Take a slice cutter and slice a couple of onions directly into a bowl.
4. In the fridge, take out green onions.
5. Wash the onions and cut it into small pieces.
6. Put the green onions into a bowl and set it aside.
Preparing the tofu:
1. Take 1 pack of Tofu out of the fridge.
2. Open package and drain all the water from the package in the sink.
3. Raise all the tofu and put it on a strainer and set it aside.
4. Place the tofu on a cutting board and cut the tofu into thick square pieces.
5. Repeat the steps for all of them.
6. Place the tofu on a cutting board and marinate both sides with some paprika, onion garlic, soya sauce and some flour.
7. Take a steam plate.
8. Place the tofu slanted around the plate and some in the middle and on top.
(Note: If you have leftover tofu and have no space, you can put it on top of the tofu.
9. Put a couple of slices of onions on top of the tofu.
10. Sprinkle some green onions on top of the tofu.
9. Once all done, set the plate of tofu aside.
Steaming the tofu:
1. Take a large pan out of the cupboard and fill it up with hot water and turn the heat to high.
2. Put a wire rack on the pan. Put the plate of tofu in the steamer.
3. Wait until the water is boiling. When the water is boiled up. wait
for 12-13 min for it to cook well.
4. While you are waiting, you can cut up some green onions.
5. When it is ready, take it out with a holder steamer and place it on the table.
6. Sprinkle some green onions on top of the tofu.