Stir-fried snow peas with Vietnamese pork ham are simple to make. The cooking time does not take long. I decided to put some Vietnamese ham to make the dish look colourful. If you don’t like it, you can put regular ham.
The snow peas with the Vietnamese ham came out perfectly. It’s very delicious. I like it a lot. If you check out the Vietnamese pork ham how-to homemade, I have a recipe, that I have posted.
To make a beautiful dish, you need to be creative. I decided to put all the snow peas at an angle around the plate. Then place all the Vietnamese pork ham and onions nicely in the middle of the plate.
Once you eat it, you would love these snow peas with Vietnamese pork ham. You can have these for lunch or dinner. The best combination with these snow peas with Vietnamese pork ham would be rice.
When you make a lot, you can have them throughout the day without thinking about what to eat on that day. Once you eat and try my creative dish making, you like it. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Preparing the snow peas :
1. In the fridge, take out the package of snow peas. Remove from package.
2. Take a snow pea, hold the end part and pull downward to remove the strings. Also, remove the bad parts.
3. Repeat the same step for the rest.
4. When all finish. Wash the snow peas and set them aside.
Preparing the Vietnamese pork ham and onions:
1. In the fridge, take out Vietnamese pork ham.
2. Place Vietnamese pork ham onto a cutting board
3. Cut Vietnamese pork ham into slices pieces and set it aside on the cutting board
4. Take an onion, peel the skins.
5. Place it on the cutting board. Cut it in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices.
6. Put the onions in a bowl and set them aside.
Cooking the snow peas
1. In the cupboard, take out a frying pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn on the heat.
3. When the pan is hot, put some oil in it.
4. Put in the onions and stir until it is almost ready.
5. Put the snow peas into the frying pan and stir.
6. Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and pour some soya sauce and stir to mix.
7. Pour in some water and close the lid.
8. Stir the snow peas. Take a snow pea, taste if it’s a bit crunchy and tender.
If not, then it needs to be cooked longer.
Close the lid and let it cook a bit.
(Note: keep an eye on the snow peas, they will become tender and not very good.)
When the snow peas are a bit crunchy and tender, turn off the heat.
Pour the frying pan of snow peas into a bowl and set it aside.
Cooking the Vietnamese pork ham with snow peas together:
1. Re-use the same frying pan onto a stove.
2. Turn the heat to high
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. In the pan, put in some onions. Stir until it is almost ready.
5. Put the Vietnamese pork ham pieces into the frying pan.
6. Stir the Vietnamese pork ham pieces a bit.
(Note: keep an eye on the Vietnamese pork ham pieces because they cook fast.)
7. Put in some flours and mix until you see no more flours.
8. Turn the heat to medium-low
9. When the water in the pan starts to boil a bit, pour the bowl of snow peas into the frying pan.
10. Stir to mix, then turn off the heat immediately and remove it from the stove.
11. Pour the snow peas and Vietnamese pork ham into a bowl and set it aside.
Making the plate of snow peas and Vietnamese ham:
1. In a cupboard, take out a plate
2. Use a tong and place all the snow peas in an angel around the plate.
3. Take the Vietnamese pork ham and onions and place them nicely in the middle of the plate.
4. Now, you have created a plate of snow peas around the plate with the Vietnamese pork ham and onions place nicely in the middle.