These Shanghai bok choy are very delicious and easy to make. Look at how greenly and beautiful it came out after boiling from the water. This is a perfect combination dish that goes well with noddles or rice. Which every choice of your desire. You can buy the Shanghai bok choy at a Chinese supermarket. It usually comes in packages in a bag.
The bok choy are very healthy vegetable to eat. Boiling bok choy are very healthy. After boiling the Shanghai bok choy, The water that is left in the large pan, you can drink it as a soup or use it for noodles. This is a very good dish to make.
Kids and adults would like this boiled Shanghai bok choy. It is very healthy and good for the eyes.
The colour of this dish came out very nice. It tastes very delicious, and I like it a lot. You can have this for lunch or dinner. If you are a vegetarian, This will be a perfect dish to make. If you have no idea what kind of vegetable dish to make. This can be a choice dish to make. Try the recipe and enjoy.
1. Take the package of Shanghai bok choy and set it aside.
2. In the cupboard take out a strainer and a big container to
wash the shanghai bok choy.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take the strainer and place it
on the other sink next to it or on the counter with a container to hold the strainer from the water dripping everywhere.
4. Take the shanghai bok choy out of the package and place it in the big container.
5. Separate each shanghai bok choy pieces apart.
6. open the cold water and fill it up. While washing, shake each pieces in the water to take the dirty stuff out and rinse it with tap water.
(note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
7. Each time a pieces of shanghai bok choy is wash, place it in the strainer.
8. Repeat the same step by washing the shanghai bok choy 4-5 times.
1. In the cupboard take out a pot or a large pan.
2. Place on the stove.
3. Pour some cold water into the large pan.
4. Turn on the heat to high and cover the lid.
5. Wait for about 10-15 minutes or until the water is boiling
6. When the water starts boiling, add in the shanghai bok choy into the large pan and cover the lid.
(Note: Make sure all the shangai bok choy pieces are in the water and nothing is sticking out.)
9. Wait for the shangai bok choy to boil up again. It might take around 5-6 mintues
8. When the shangai bok choy is boiling again. Let it sit and cook in the boiling water for 4 minutes.
9. When 4 minutes is ready. Open the lid and take a fork or a cooking spatula and touch to see if the bok choy is soft.
10. When the shangai bok choy is soft that mean tit is ready. If they are still hard. You need to cook it a bit longer.
11. Once they are soft and ready. Turn off the heat and place all the shanghai boy choy onto a plate and place it on the table.