This is a vegetable soup with leftover turkey bone. I decided to use an instant pot to make this soup because it is fast and does not take long. If you make it from a stove, it can take longer. It is very simple to make it from an instant pot.
After a long day at work, and you want to make this kind of soup, all you need to do is take half white radish, rinse and peel the skin. Place the knife at an angle and cut it to pieces. Take parsley. Wash and chop into small pieces. Take a cucumber, open the package, place the knife at an angle and cut into pieces. Take celery, cut the leaves off. Take kife and place it on the top of the celery at an angle and peel some strips off. If you use your hand and break it in half, you will still be able to take off the strips. It can prevent having crunchy celery. Take a cabbage, take as much as you need, remove the outer part. If not very dirty, you do not need to wash it clean. Rinse the cabbage and cut it into pieces. Take leftover turkey in the freezer and defrost it in the microwave. Different microwave defrosts time can be different. Take some barley and chickpeas, rinse and place it aside.
Fill the instant pot with water, then put everything in the instant pot. Press the manual button and cook for 25 minutes. Once 25 minutes finish, it will release the pressure of the value. Once done, and the gray thing drops to the bottom. Press the saute button and wait until the soup starts to boil. That means it is ready to eat.
This soup is very delicious, and I like it a lot. It’s very convenient when you have an instant pot. It saves time.
Kids and adults would love this soup a lot. You can have this soup for lunch or dinner. The best combination that goes well with this soup would be noodles. If you cannot finish the soup, you can leave it in the instant pot and reheat it the next day. This is the best and fastest way to make a soup with an instant pot. If you have an instant pot, try this recipe and enjoy it.
Preparing the white radish:
1. Take the White Radish out of the fridge.
2. Take a cutting board and cut the white radish in half, or you can use the whole white radish.
(Note: If not using the other half, you can wrap it up with a plastic wrapper and put it in the fridge to use next time.)
3. Take a knife peeler and peel off the skin directly into the garbage.
4. Place the white radish on a cutting board. Take a knife and place it at an angle. While in each turn, cut the white radish into pieces and put it directly into a mixing bowl.
5. When all is cut up and put into the mixing bowl, rinse the white radish and set it aside.
6. In the bag, take an onion and place it on the cutting board. Cut off the two ends.
7. Peel the skins, and cut the onion in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices. Place the onions in a bowl and set them aside.
Preparing turkey bone:
1. In the freezer, take out the leftover turkey bone.
2. Take it out of the bag and place it onto a plate
3. Set the plate of turkey bone aside.
Cleaning and preparing the celery:
1. In the fridge, take out the celery.
2. Peel off as much celery as you needed to eat. What is left over, put it back in the bag and place it in the fridge.
3. Place the celery on a cutting board, cut the end parts and some leaves. Wash each celery very clean.
4. Take a knife, place it on the top of the celery at an angle and peel some strips off. If you use your hand and break it in half, you will still be able to take off the strips but take off as many as you can.
(Note: Peeling the strips from celery will prevent the celery from being very crunchy.)
5. Continue the same steps for the rest of the celery.
6. Cut the celery into pieces. Make sure the pieces are cut into the same size to be cooked and finished same time.
7. Put it all into a bowl and rinse it. Then pour out the water from the bowl and set it aside.
Preparing the cucumber:
1. In the fridge, take out the cucumber.
2. Cut the cucumber in half. What is leftover, wrap it with a plastic wrapper and place it back in the fridge.
3. Open wrapper. Cut the cucumber into pieces.
4. Put the cucumbers in a bowl and set them aside.
Preparing the cabbage:
1. In the fridge, take out a cabbage.
2. Remove cabbage from the package.
3. Remove the outer layer of the cabbage.
(Note: If the cabbage is dirty, you will need to wash the cabbage. If it’s not, then you can skip it.)
4. Rinse the cabbage. Place the cabbage on the cutting board and cut it in half.
5. Cut the cabbage into thin slice pieces. Each slice is cut, put in a mixing bowl.
6. When all cut slice pieces are done, set the mixing bowl aside.
Preparing the parsley:
1. In the fridge, take out the parsley
2. Wash the parsley 3-4 times.
(Note: Make sure the parsley is washed clean.)
3. When finish washing, Place the parsley on the cutting board.
4. Cut the parsley into pieces.
5. Place the parsley in a bowl and set it aside.
Preparing barley and chickpeas:
In the cupboard, take out a package of barley.
Open the package, and take as much barley as needed to cook and put it in a strainer.
Rinse the barley, make sure it is clean and place it over a bowl to prevent water from dripping everywhere and set it aside.
Take out chickpeas. Take as many chickpeas as needed to cook and put them in a strainer.
Rinse the chickpeas and place t over a bowl to prevent water from dripping everywhere. Set the chickpeas aside.
Cooking in an instant pot:
1. Take out the instant pot.
2. Fill the instant pot with water the amount that will need to cook the soup.
3. Put in the turkey bone, white radish, cucumber, celery, cabbage, parsley, parsley, barley and chickpeas.
4. Close the lid. Press the manual button and set the time to 25 minutes.
5. Once 25-minute finish. It will release the pressure of the value.
(Note:Don’t open the lid of the pressure cooker, while it is pressuring-cooking or it will explode.)
6. Once done and the gray thing drops to the bottom, that means the soup is ready to eat.
7. Press saute button and let it bring to a boil. Then press cancel/off.
8. Now soup is ready to eat