These chicken meat with Chinese mushrooms and onions are very delicious and simple to make. The only part that took the longest was cleaning the chicken legs and cutting off the meats. The Chinese dry mushrooms can be found and bought at a Chinese supermarket.
Before cooking the chicken meat, you can marinate it with some salt, garlic powder and pour a bit of light soya sauce and cornstarch that has to be coated everywhere on the chicken meat and mix. It can save time in having to put seasoning on the chicken. It cooks fast on medium-low heat. Cook until they are well done without any pink or redness showing.
On the other pan, stir fry the Chinese mushroom and onions together with some salt, garlic powder and pour a bit of soya sauce and mix. When both are ready. Pour the chicken meat into the Chinese mushroom frying pan and mix. Pour some water and mix. Close the lid, and when it starts to boil, stir a bit. When you feel it is ready, turn off the heat.
I decided to use Corningware to have a nice-looking dish. Look at how beautiful and perfect this dish came out from the frying pan. I like this dish a lot.
Kids and adults would love this dish. You can have this dish with rice. It is a good combination match with rice. Where you can mix in with the rice. Once you eat the chicken meat with Chinese mushrooms and onions, you will know how good it will be. Give this a try. Enjoy.
Chinese dry mushroom soak overnight
1. Take a clean bowl
2. In the Chinese package mushroom, take as much mushroom as you need in the bowl. Rinse 2-3 times,
3. soak over cold water.
4. Put in the microwave. Heat for 7-10 minutes, until the water is boiling
(note: keep an eye on the mushroom to avoid water spilling.)
5. Once the water is boiling, take it out of the microwave.
(Note: Use a kitchen mitten to take out the dry mushroom because it will be hot.)
6. Pour out the bowl of water in the sink.
7. Rinse the mushroom a couple of times.
8. Squeeze the water out from the mushroom 2-3 times
9. Use a scissor, cut off the end steam on each mushroom and place it on a bowl.
10. soak the mushroom with cold water.
11. Place it on the table overnight.
12. You can use it anytime the next day.
Cleaning the chicken legs:
1. Put on a pair of dishwasher gloves.
2. Take the chicken out of the package.
3. Wash the chicken.
4. Take scissors and cut some fat skins off the chicken legs.
5. Cut off the end part of the bone.
6. Take all the dirty stuff out of the chicken.
7. Rinse the chicken.
8. If you still see dirty, clean it some more.
9. Put some salt all around the chicken.
10. Rub it all around, so it would not stink.
11. Rinse the chicken again.
12. Put the chicken in a mixing bowl to let the water out.
13. If you already have chicken legs in the freezer, take out the frozen chicken legs and put it in the microwave to defrost.
(Note: Different microwave wattage and defrost time can be different.)
Cutting the chicken legs:
1. Put on some dishwasher gloves.
2. Place the chicken legs on the cutting board.
3. Cut off all the skins from the chicken legs.
4. Cut all the chicken leg meats off the chicken and cut them into pieces.
(Note: if you see big pieces cut them into pieces.
5. Put it all into a bowl and set it aside.
Marinate the chicken meat:
1. Take the bowl of chicken meat.
2. Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and pour some soya sauce. Mix well, using a wooden spoon or a tong.
3. Put cornstarch and make sure it is coated everywhere.
4. Mix it until you do not see any cornstarch in the bowl.
5. When all mixed set it aside.
Preparation the mushroom and onions:
1. Take the bowl of Chinese mushrooms soaked overnight.
2. Take a bowl and put the Chinese mushrooms. Soak it in water, put it in the microwave and heat it for 4 minutes to have a soft texture mushroom.
(note: if you like the mushroom to be hard, you can eliminate this step.)
3. Use a kitchen scissor and cut the mushroom into pieces directly into the bowl, and set it aside
4. Keep the mushroom water for the sauce cooking in the stir fry. (optional)
5. Take an onion, peel the skins.
6. Place it on the cutting board. Cut it in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices.
7. Put the onions in a bowl and set them aside.
Cooking the chicken meat:
1. In the cupboard, take a non-stick frying pan and place it on the stove.
2. Turn on the heat to medium-low.
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. Put the bowl of chicken meat into the frying pan and add in 3-5 pieces of onions on top.
5. Separate the chicken apart and stir a bit with the onions.
(Note: Keep an eye on the chicken meat. They cook fast.)
6. Close the lid for a bit.
7. Open the lid and stir. Then move the pan 2-3 times.
8. Use kitchen scissors and cut to see if there are any pink showing. If there are, you need to cook it a bit longer. If there are none, then it is ready.
9. When it is ready, turn off the heat and set it aside.
Cooking the Chinese mushrooms and chicken meat together:
1. In the cupboard, take a frying pan and place it on the stove.
2. Turn on the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. Put the onions into the frying pan and stir until done.
5. Take the Chinese mushroom, and pour it into the frying pan and stir a bit.
6. Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and pour some light soya sauce. Stir to mix.
(Note: The Chinese mushroom cooks fast.)
7. Pour the non-stick frying pan chicken meat into the frying pan.
8. Stir to mix with the Chinese mushrooms.
9. Pour a bit of water and close the lid.
10. Once the water starts boiling, open the lid. Use scissors again and check if there are any pink showing. If there are non, that means it is ready.
11. Stir together again.
12. When chicken and Chinese mushroom with onions are done, turn off the heat and scoop it all onto a plate or a Corningware. Place it on the table.
13. Now the stir-fried chicken with Chinese mushroom and onions is ready to eat.