This is the 4th time I have steamed eggplant. It is very simple to make, and it does not take long.
I decided to cut the eggplants in half into 3 equal parts. Then cut it into a kind of a rectangle shape.
Marinating eggplants, I put salt, garlic powder, soya sauce, and flour. For each marinating, I toss the bowl to mix. This time I made a little change, I did not put any breadcrumbs I decided to put some onions, ginger and Italian parsley on top of the eggplants to look nice and taste better.
To make the plate of eggplants, I just pour all the eggplants on the steaming plate, easy and simple. Steam the eggplants for 10 minutes. The time it takes to boil the water and steam it. The eggplants came out beautiful from the steamer. It is very delicious, and I like it a lot.
Kids and adults would love this steam eggplants a lot. The best combination with this dish is rice. You can mix the eggplants in the rice. If you are a vegetarian, you can consider making these steamed eggplants. It is healthy and good for the eyes. Try making these steamed eggplants, it is a healthy way of making an eggplant dish.
Preparing the eggplants:
1. In the fridge, take out 2-3 pieces of eggplants.
(Note: if you have eggplants in a package, take them out and remove them from the package.)
2. Rinse the eggplants. If you feel that the eggplants are slippy, rinse with water and rub the eggplants with a cloth.
3. Place the eggplants on the cutting board and cut off 2 end parts
4. Take a knife and cut the eggplants in half into 3 equal parts. Then cut the eggplants into almost a rectangle shape. Put them directly into a mixing bowl.
5. When all is cut up and put into the mixing bowl, rinse the eggplants and set them aside.
Marinate the eggplants:
1. Take the bowl of eggplants.
2. Put in some salt and garlic powder. Toss the bowl of eggplants a few times to mix.
3. Put in some soya sauce and toss the bowl of eggplants to mix.
4. Pour in some flour and toss the bowl to mix. Continue adding flour and toss the bowl until everywhere is coated and mix.
5. In the cupboard, take out breadcrumbs. Use a spoon a scoop up some breadcrumbs, put it into the bowl of eggplants. Toss to mix. Continue adding breadcrumbs, and toss the bowl until everywhere is coated and mix.
6. When all done, set it aside.
Preparing the onion and gingers
1. In the bag, take an onion. Use a knife and peel the skins.
2. Place it on the cutting board.
3. Cut it in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices and into small pieces.
4. Put the onions in a bowl and set them aside.
5. Take ginger. Use a spoon and peel the skin.
6. Take a slice cutter and slice the ginger into strip pieces.
7. Put the gingers in a bowl and set them aside.
8. Take some Italian Parsley and wash it very clean.
9. Put it on the cutting board and cut it into pieces.
Making the plate of eggplants for steaming:
1. In the cupboard. Take a clean plate for steaming.
2. Take the bowl of marinated eggplants and pour it into the plate.
3. Put some pieces of onions and strips of ginger on top of plant of eggplant.
4. Sprinkle some Italian parsley on the top.
4. When done, set it aside.
Steaming the eggplants:
1. In the cupboard, take out large pan. Place it on the stove or the table.
2. Put in some water and turn on the heat to high.
3. Place a steamer tray on the steamer and close the lid.
4. Once the water is boiling, open the lid. Use a plate clipper or kitchen mittens and put the plate of eggplants into the steamer tray.
5. Steam the eggplants for 10 minutes. The time it takes to boil the water and to steam it.
6. When the time is ready, Take a knife or a fork and insert it into the eggplants. If it goes through, that means it is ready. If not, cook it a bit longer.
7. Once it is ready, turn off the heat.
8. Take a plate clipper or kitchen mittens and take out the plate of steamed eggplants from the steam tray and place it on the table.