Stir-fried snow peas with Chinese mushroom and pork are simple to make. The cooking time does not take long. I decided to put some Chinese mushrooms and pork to make the dish look colourful. If you don’t like the Chinese mushrooms, you can eliminate them and make stir-fried snow peas with pork.
If you decide to use the Chinese mushroom, You can make the dry mushrooms the night before in an instant pot to save time. Leave them to soak inside instant pot water overnight.
First, I cook the porks. It cooks fast in the pan. Keep an eye on the pork, or it will become tough. The pork needs to be cooked well-done without any pink or red inside showing. When done cooking in a frying pan, put it into a bowl and set it aside.
Second, I re-use the same frying pan and cook the snow peas. I put the snow pea into the frying pan. I stir the snow peas a bit. Pour a bit of water into the pan. Then close the lid and let it cook for a bit. After a minute, open the lid, take a piece and taste if it’s crunchy and tender. Once it is the right texture, that means it is ready.
Since the Chinese mushroom are cooked in an instant pot and ready to eat. I pour the Chinese mushroom into the pan with the snow pea. I stir a bit. Then added a bit of water. I close the lid and wait until the water starts boiling. Once the water starts boiling. Pour in the pork pieces and stir them all together. Turn off the heat, scoop up all the snow peas with Chinese mushroom and pork onto a plate and place it on the table.
Kids and adults will like this dish a lot. You can eat this dish for lunch or dinner. I recommend having this with rice. This snow peas with Chinese mushroom and pork and the sauce can be mixed with the rice. If you can’t finish it, you can put it in the fridge and eat it the next day. Once you eat it, you will know how good this is. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Cooking Chinese mushrooms from an instant pot:
1. Take the Chinese mushroom out of the bag.
2. Rinse the Chinese mushrooms.
3. Put the Chinese mushrooms into a bowl and soak them over water for 30 minutes.
4. Take out an instant pot. Put some water. Take the bowl of Chinese mushroom and put it in the instant pot.
5. Close the lid. Press the manual button, and it will start automatically.
6. When done. It will release the pressure of the value.
(Note: Never open the lid of the pressure cooker while it is releasing the pressure, or else it will explode.)
7. Once done and the grey thing drops to the bottom, that means it is ready.
8. Take out the Chinese mushroom and put it in a bowl.
9. Rise with cold water until it’s completely cold.
10. Take as many as you need to stir fry.
11. Take the rest of the Chinese mushrooms, put them in a zip-log bag or a frozen bag and put it in the freezer, to use next time when you cook.
Preparation of the pork:
1. Take the pork package, take as many as you needed and put it on the cutting board.
The rest is leftover. Wrap it with a plastic wrapper and put it in the freezer.
2. Cut the pork into pieces, put it in a bowl and set them aside.
3. Take as many Chinese mushrooms as needed, put them on a strainer and rinse it. Set them aside.
Preparation of snow peas:
1. In the fridge, take out the package of snow peas. Remove from package.
2. Take a snow pea, hold the end part and pull downward to remove the strings. Also, remove the bad parts.
3. Repeat the same step for the rest.
4. When all finish. Wash the snow peas and set it aside.
Cooking the porks:
1.In the cupboard, take out fry pans and put it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put some oil.
4. Put the porks into the pan and turn the heat to medium-low.
5. Separate the porks apart and stir a bit,
6. Put a bit of salt, garlic powder and soya sauce.
7. Stir a bit. Let it cook on one side a bit. Turn the heat to low. Then turn it on the other side.
(Note: Keep an eye on the porks because they cook fast. Don’t overcook the porks. It will be tough.)
8. Cook the porks until there is no more pink or red showing.
(Note: you can take kitchen scissors and cut them in the middle to see if the pork cooked well. )
9. Put in some flour to coat the porks and stir until you do not see any more flours.
10. When the porks are done, turn off the heat and put it in a bowl and set it aside.
Cooking the snow peas with Chinese mushrooms and pork:
1. In the cupboard, take out a frying pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn on the heat.
3. When the pan is hot, put some oil in it.
4. Put in the onions and stir until it is almost ready.
5. Put the snow peas into the frying pan and stir.
6. Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and pour some soya sauce and stir to mix.
7. Pour in some water and close the lid.
8. Stir the snow peas. Take a snow pea, taste if it’s a bit crunchy and tender.
If not, then it needs to be cooked longer.
Close the lid and let it cook a bit.
(Note: keep an eye on the snow peas, they will become tender and not very good.)
When the snow peas are a bit crunchy and tender.
9. Take the strainer of Chinese mushrooms, put it in the frying pan.
10. Stir the snow peas and the Chinese mushroom together.
11. Sprinkle some garlic powder and add a bit of soya sauce.
12. Stir to mix,
13. When the bottom water starts boiling, Put the porks into the pan.
14. Mix it together.
15. Turn off the heat and scoop up all the snow peas with Chinese mushroom and pork
onto a plate and place it on the table.