This is rice noodles. There are similar to this kind of noodles, but they come in different kinds of brands. It is very simple to make, and It does not take long, and you can have these noodles in less than 20 minutes. You can make a chicken broth to have a better texture of the noodles. It’s very delicious, and I like it a lot. I decide to eat them just the noodles and chicken broth without putting anything else. This is one of my favourite noodles.
The noodles cook, ready fast. All you need to do is boil the water in a pot. Once the water is boiling, add 2-3 sheets of cornstarch stick noodles. Once it is boiling, immediately turn off the heat and let it cook by itself for 10 minutes. Do not overcook the noodles or else it will become too soft. Once it is done, pour it in the strainer and rinse it with cold water until it is completely cold. Now you can eat.
I used an old rice cooker with a congee function. I decided to boil some assorted Japanese fish balls, Chinese mushrooms, pork, potatoes, Swiss chard and bean curd knots. I just put everything in the rice cooker to boil. At the bottom I have the recipe on how to prepare and boil them in a rice cooker. A very simple and healthy way of making food. The water that is left in the rice cooker, you can use it as a base soup for the noodles. If you don’t like the soup, you can make a chicken broth using the chicken broth. The assorted Japanese fish balls, Chinese mushrooms and bean curd knots can be found and bought at a Chinese supermarket.
The rice noodles has to be heated the microwave, I have a 950 watt microwave and will be Heating it for 3 minutes. The heating time depends on the microwave wattage because different microwave heating time can be different.
Kids and adults would love this type of rice noodles with assorted Japanese fish balls, Swiss chard, Chinese mushroom, bean curd, and potatoes. You can have this for lunch or dinner. It is a very delicious bowl of noodles. If you can’t finish the noodles and the assorted Japanese fish balls, Swiss chard, Chinese mushroom, bean curd knot, and potatoes. you can put it in the fridge and finish it the next day. For the noodles, If you know you can finish the noodles in 3-4 days then you can left it in the fridge. If you can just freeze it in the freezer. This is such a wonderful bowl of noodles that you should try and make.
Making the rice noodles:
1. In the cupboard, take out a large pan or a pot and place it on the stove.
2. Put some water into the large pan or pot.
3. Turn on the heat to high. and cover the lid.
4. Just wait until the water is boiling.
5. Once the water is boiling, sprinkle some salt and stir.
6. Put in two sheets of rice noodles and close the lid.
7. When it is still boiling, turn off the heat. Let it sit and cook for 10 minutes.
(Note: Don’t let the noodles cook too long, or else it will become too soft.)
8. When the noodles are ready, take a strainer and put it in the sink and
pour the noodles into a strainer.
9. Rinse the noodles until they are completely cold.
10. Take a strainer of noodles over a bowl to prevent the water from dripping everywhere.
Cooking Chinese mushrooms in an instant pot.
1. Take an instant pot and put it on the table.
2. Plug the plug.
3. Put some water. The amount you need to cook the Chinese mushroom.
4. In the cupboard, take the package of Chinese dry mushrooms. |
5. Take as much dry mushroom as needed to cook, put it in a strainer and rinse the mushrooms.
6. Pour it into the instant pot and close the lid.
7. Press the manual button and set the time to 12 minutes.
8. Once 15-minute finish. It will release the pressure of the value.
9. (Note: Don’t open the pressure cooker lid while it is pressuring-cooking or else it will explode.)
10. Once done and the gray thing drops to the bottom, that means it is ready. Open the lid
11. Taste a piece of Chinese mushroom to check if it is the desired texture.
12. If you prefer tender, pour out the water and Chinese mushroom into a strainer.
13. Fill the instant pot with water. Pour the Chinese mushroom back into the instant pot.
14. Press the saute button, and it will manually turn on and cook itself.
15. When the water starts boiling, press the cancel button. Place the lid back on the instant pot and leave it to soak in the water for 30 minutes.
16. When 30 minutes are up, it will be tender.
17. Now it is ready to use.
Preparing to speed up the bean curd knot:
1. Take a bowl.
2. Take the package of bean curd knot.
3. Open the package and pour as much bean cud knots needed to eat.
4. Soak the bean curd knots over water and place it in the microwave.
5. Heat it up for 8 minutes or until the water starts boiling.
(Note: Different microwave wattage heating time can be different.)
6. When ready, take it out and set it aside.
Preparing the potatoes:
1. In the bag of potatoes, take 3 potatoes out of the bag and put them in a mixing bowl.
2. Take a knife peeler and peel the potatoes skins. Each potatoes, that is peeled, put in the mixing bowl.
3. Soak it in water for a few minutes. Pour the bowl of water out of the sink.
4. Place the potatoes on a cutting board. Cut the potatoes into pieces.
5. Rinse the potatoes, place it back into the mixing bowl and set them aside.
Washing the Swiss chard:
1. In the fridge, take out a package of Swiss chard.
2. In the cupboard take out a strainer and a big container to
wash the wash Green.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take the strainer and place it
on the other sink.
4. Take the Swiss chard out of the package and place it in the big container.
5. Wash all the soil off the Swiss chard and throw the container of water outside.
(Note: If grown in the garden can have a lot of soil. When you buy from a store it might not
have a lot.)
6. Open each Swiss chard wide wash it in the water very clean, make sure there are no dirty stuff
in the vegetable.
7. Open the cold water and fill it up. Take the end part of the Swiss chard on each hands. turn it upside down and separate apart and shake it in water.
(note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
8. Each time a pieces is wash, place it in the strainer.
9. Cut the Swiss chard’s in half and separate the stems and leafs in two different strainer or bowl.
10. Fill the container with water and wash the green mustard 3-4 times and put it aside
(Note: make sure it is all clean and have no dirty stuff.)
11. Wash the stems 2-3 times and put it aside.
Preparing the pork:
1. Take the pork package, use a tong take as many as you needed and put it on the cutting board.
2. The rest is leftover. Wrap it with a plastic wrapper and put it in the freezer.
3. If you already have pork in the freezer, take the pork out of the freezer, put it in the microwave to defrost.
(Note: Different microwave wattage and defrosting time can be different.)
4. Put on some dishwasher gloves.
5. Take a knife and cut the pork into pieces. Put it into a bowl and set it aside.
Marinating the pork:
1. Take the bowl of pork and a tong.
2. Sprinkle some salt and mix. Put a lot of garlic powder and a bit of soya sauce together, and mix well.
3. Put some cornstarch. Mix until you do not see any more cornstarch.
(Note: Make sure all the cornstarch is coated in the pork.)
4. Put some flour. Mix until you do not see any more cornstarch.
(Note: Make sure all the flour is coated everywhere in the pork.)
5. When it is all mixed, set the bowl aside.
Preparing the assorted Japanese fish balls:
1. In the freezer, take out the assorted Japanese balls.
2. Open the package and pour as many as you need to eat in the strainer.
3. Rinse the fish balls. Place a bowl over the strainer and set it aside.
Boiling the assorted Japanese fish balls, Swiss chard, potatoes. Chinese mushrooms, bean curd knot, and pork: (Using an old rice cooker with congee function)
1. Take out an old rice cooker with a congee function or a rice cooker.
2. Plug in the plug.
3. Pour in some water.
4. Turn on to rice cook.
5. When the water starts boiling, put in the assorted Japanese balls,
6. When the rice cooker starts to boil and the Japanese balls expand big and floats on the top it means it is ready.
7. Use a skimmer scopper, and scoop up all the Japanese balls onto a bowl.
8. Put in the Chinese mushrooms, bean curd knot pork, potatoes and Swiss chard.
9. When the water starts boiling again, wait for 2 minutes to be sure it is properly cook.
10. Use a skimmer scopper, and scoop up all the Swiss chard, Chinese mushrooms, pork and bean curd onto the same bowl.
11. Use a knife and insert it into the potatoes. If it goes through it means it is ready. If not then you will need to boil it a bit longer.
12. Once ready, take a skimmer and scoop up all the potatoes onto the same bowl and place it on the table.
Making the bowl of noodles:
1. Take a bowl.
2. Put as many noodles as you will eat into a bowl.
3. Put it in the microwave and heat it up for 3 minutes.
(Note: different microwave wattage has different timing of heating.)
4. Once the bowl of noodles is heated up, take it out.
5. Put in 3-4 pieces of assorted Japanese fish balls, some Swiss chard on the side. 3-4 pieces of Chinese mushroom, bean curd knot, 2 pieces of pork and 4-5 pieces of potatoes
6. In the rice cooker, use a spoon scooper and scoop the soup into the bowl of no0dles.
7. now you have a bowl of rice noodles with assorted Japanese fish balls, Swiss chard, Chinese mushroom, bean curd knot, and potatoes.