A-choy is a Chinese vegetable, can be found at a Chinese supermarket. It’s simple to make. The only time that took the longest was washing the a-choy. This is the 2nd time I made a stir-fried a-choy with onions, ginger and garlic.
The a-choy is very delicious, and I like it. Look at how beautiful the colour came out after stir-frying. It came out perfectly, and it smells so good. I use onions and ginger to stir fry these a-choy vegetable. They need to be cook until they are a bit crunchy and tender.
This a-choy is very healthy. Eating green vegetables is good for the eyes. If you’re a vegetarian, then this will be the perfect dish to make.
Kids and adults will love this dish a lot. The best combination that goes well with this dish is rice or noodles. Once you eat it, you will not stop eating this dish. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Washing Chinese A-Choy Vegetable:
1. Take the package of Chinese A-choy out of the fridge.
2. In the cupboard, take out a strainer and a big container to
wash the Chinese A-choy.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take the strainer and place it
on the other sink next to it.
4. Take the Chinese Mustard Green out of the package and place it in the big container.
5. Separate each Chinese A-choy apart. Use a knife and cut off the end hard part.
6. Open each A-choy wide wash it in the water very clean. Make sure there is no dirty stuff in the vegetable.
7. Open the cold water and fill it up. Take the end part of the Chinese A-choy on each hand. Turn it upside down and separate apart and shake it in water.
(note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
9. Let them run the water and rinse it.
10. Each time a piece wash, place it in the strainer.
11. Fill the container with water and wash the A-choy 3-4 times, and put it aside
(Note: make sure it is all clean and does not have any dirty stuff.)
Preparing the onion and gingers
1. In the bag, take an onion. Use a knife and peel the skins.
2. Cut it in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices.
3. Take a slice cutter and make sure the knife is attached to the slice cutter.
4. Put the onions in a bowl and set them aside.
5. Take ginger. Use a spoon and peel the skin.
6. Take a knife and cut a couple of slices of ginger using a slice cutter.
7. Put the gingers in a bowl and set them aside.
8. Take 4 ginger.
9. Take a flat knife. Place the knife on top of the garlic. Use your palm and hit the flat part hard.
10. repeat the same thing for the other garlic.
11. Place it onto a bowl and set it aside.
1. In the cupboard, take a large pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. Put in some onions, ginger and garlic and stir until done.
5. Take a bunch of A-choy. Since the A-choy is long, use scissors, and cut in 3 equal parts directly into the large pan.
6. Stir a bit and let it cook itself.
7. When start, to shrink a bit stir the A-choy.
8. Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and pour a bit of light soya sauce. Stir to mix.
9. When the water at the bottom starts to boil, take a piece and taste if it’s a bit crunchy and tender. If it’s not, you need to cook it a bit longer.
(Note: Keep an eye on the A-Choy. It cooks fast.)
10. Once it is a bit crunchy and tender, stir and then turn off the heat.
12. Scoop it up on to a plate and place it on the table