The watercress is very healthy and good for the eyes. It can lower the risk of heart disease, and It has a good source of minerals that can protect the bones.
Stir-fried watercress, when put into a frying pan, you can hear a sizzling sound. It smells so good with the garlic and ginger cooked together with the watercress. The stir-fried watercress came out greenly and perfectly.
When stir-frying the watercress, you need to taste a piece of watercress to check if it is the desired texture. I decided to make it a bit crunchy and tender, easier to eat. The watercress can be found and bought at a Chinese supermarket or any supermarket that you can find them.
Kids and adults would love this watercress. It is a perfect combination dish that goes well with noodles or rice. Which every choice of your desire. I like this dish a lot and it delicious. If you’re a vegetarian, this can be the perfect dish to make.You can have this for lunch or dinner.
Another way of eating watercress is making a sandwich. It will be something new to try. Once you eat and make, you will like the watercress a lot. Try the recipe and enjoy/
1. In the fridge, take out the watercress.
2. In the cupboard, take a strainer and a big container to wash the watercress.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take the strainer and place it on the other sink.
(Note: If you only have one sink, you can put the strainer over a container on the counter to prevent it from dripping water.)
4. Take as much watercress as needed out of the bag and place it in the big container. The rest of the watercress put them back into the fridge.
5. Separate each watercress apart.
6. Open cold water and fill the container. While washing, shake each watercress in the water. Then rinse it with tap water.
7. Each time watercress is washed, place it in the strainer.
8. Check the water if there is any dirty stuff. Once the water is clear, that means the watercress is clean.
9. Repeat the same step by washing the watercress four times.
10. When all done. Set it aside.
Preparing garlic and ginger:
1. Take garlic. Use a knife and peel the skins.
2. Take 4-5 garlic and put it flat side of the knife over the garlic.
While holding the knife handle, at the bottom palm of your hand carefully hit the knife on the garlic
to separate the skin.
4. Repeat the same steps for the rest of the garlic.
(Note: Be careful not to get cut from the knife.)
5. When done, set it aside.
6. Take ginger. Use a spoon and peel the skin.
7. Take a knife and cut a couple of slices of ginger.
8. Put the gingers in a bowl and set them aside.
1. Take out a large pan and place it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put some oil.
4. Put the garlic and ginger into the large pan and stir until done.
5. Put the watercress in the large pan and stir a bit.
6. Pour a bit of water into the large pan. Close the lid.
7. When water starts boiling, open the lid. Put a bit of salt, garlic powder and light soya sauce. Stir to mix.
(Note: Keeping the lid off will prevent watercress from being not a good looking colour.)
7. Taste a piece of watercress to check if it is the desired texture.
(Note: Do not cook the watercress too tender, or it will not taste good.)
8. When the texture is right. Let it cook for a bit to ensure it is properly cooked.
9. Once done, place it onto a plate.