This is a steamed tofu topped with red onions, ginger and green onions. I decided to use firm tofu. You can use any kind of tofu of your choice. Steaming tofu is very simple, and it does not take long. Most supermarkets sell tofu. I usually get tofu at a Chinese supermarket. It comes in all different kinds of tofu texture. I decided to use firm tofu. Firm tofu are easier to cut. Using soft or medium tofu can break easily when you cut it too hard.
This is the healthiest dish you can make. Steaming tofu is healthier. The tofu is very tasty. I like this dish a lot. I decided to add some onions and ginger on the top of the tofu to look nice and colourful. The tofu needs to be steam in a steamer for 8 minutes. When the tofu is finished steaming. I sprinkle some green onions on top of the tofu. Be careful taking out of the tofu because it is very hot.
Kids and adults would love this steam tofu a lot. The best combination that goes well with this dish is rice. You can mix the tofu and sauce in the rice. When you have no idea what to make on that day, you can consider making this steam tofu. A fast, easy dish to make. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Preparing the onions and ginger:
1. Take an onions. Peel the skin
2. Cut the onion in half.
3. Take a slice cutter and slice a couple of onions directly into a bowl.
4. Take a ginger,
5. Take a slice cutter and slice a couple of onions directly into a bowl.
6. Set the bowl aside.
7. Take some green onions.
8. Rinse the green onions and wipe it dry.
Preparing the tofu:
1. Take 1 pack of Tofu out of the fridge.
2. Open package and drain all the water from the package in the sink.
3. Raise all the tofu and put it on to a steamer plate.
4. Use a knife and slowly cut the tofu into thick square pieces.
5. Repeat the steps for all of them.
6. Marinate with some salt, garlic powder, soya sauce and some flour.
(Note: To coat the tofu with flour on both sides will have less liquid coming out from the tofu.)
7. Place the tofu slanted around the plate and some in the middle and on top.
(Note: If you have leftover tofu and have no space, you can put it on top of the tofu.
9. Put a couple of slices of onions on top of the tofu.
10. Sprinkle some ginger on the top of the tofu.
9. Once all done, set the plate of tofu aside.
Steaming the tofu:
1. Take a large pan out of the cupboard and fill it up with hot water and turn the heat to high.
2. Put a wire rack on the pan.
3. Wait until the water starts to boil. When the water is boiling up. Put in the plate of tofu.
4. Steam the tofu for 10 minutes.
5. When it is ready, take it out with a holder steamer and place it on the table.