This bok choy is very delicious and easy to make. The bok choy came out perfectly after boiling in a rice cooker. Look at how green and beautiful it is. It brightens the colour of the dish. I like this dish a lot. You can buy bok choy at a Chinese supermarket or any supermarket that sells bok choy.
This is a perfect combination dish that goes well with noddles or rice. Which ever you choose as your desire. The bok choy is a very healthy vegetable to eat. It is good for the body and eyes. If you’re a vegetarian person, then this will be a perfect bok choy dish to make at home. I only have vegetables with no meat, oil or salt. A healthiest way of making bok choy.
The boiling vegetable is very healthy. After boiling the bok choy with the water left in the rice cooker, you can drink it as soup. It saves time in making soup. It’s a delicious dish that you can make. It does not take long, and you will enjoy this bok choy vegetable. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Washing bok choy:
1. Take the package of bok choy out of the fridge.
2. In the cupboard, take out a strainer and a big container to wash the bok choy dirt off.
3. Pour the dirt water outside and make sure the big container is clean.
4. Place the large container in the sink. Take a strainer and place it on the other sink.
5. Take the bok choy out of the package and place it in the big container.
6. Separate each bok choy apart. Use a knife and cut off the end hard part.
7. Open each bok choy wide and wash it in the water very clean, make sure there is no dirty stuff in the vegetable.
8. Open the cold water and fill the container with water. Take the end part bok choy on each hand. Turn it upside down and separate apart and shake it in the water.
(Note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
9. Each time a piece is washed, place it in the strainer.
10. Fill the container with water and wash the bok choy four times. when it’s all wash, put it aside.
Cooking the bok choy:
1. Take out a rice cooker. Plug in the plug
2. Fill the rice cooker with water. The amount you need to boil.
3. Turn the rice cooker to rice cook. Wait for the water to start boiling.
4. When the water starts boiling, add in the bok choy into the rice cooker.
5. Boiled the bok choy until it starts to boil again.
6. When the water starts boiling again let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Take a pieces of bok choy and taste if it’s tender. If it’s tender that means it is ready. If not, you need to cook it a bit longer.
8. Once ready and tender, take a skimmer spoon and scoop up all bok choy and put it onto a plate
and place it onto the table.