This is the 11th time I made steamed pamapno fish with ginger topped with red peppers and green onions. The pampano fish smells so good when it comes out of the steamer. Making a good steam fish needs to be marinated with salt, turmeric, soya sauce, garlic powder, garlic and onions outside and inside. Also, you can put some Chinese cooking wine inside. It will make the fish taste better. You won’t notice any not fresh smell. Steaming fish is very healthy. I decided to put something different on top. I put some slices of red small peppers on top of the pampano fish to make it look colourful.
I decided to steam a big pampano fish. When the water starts boiling, I put the pampano into the steamer. I steam the fish for 13 minutes. You can steam it for 1-2 extra minutes to ensure it is properly cooked. To know if the fish is ready. Take a knife and insert it in the middle. If you feel the bone, that means ready. If not, you need to cook it a bit longer. When it is done, be careful taking the plate of steam fish out of the steamer. It is very hot.
When eating the fish, there are bones. Be careful eating it. The meats inside are very awesome and tasty. I like it a lot. You can defrost the frozen pampano fish the night before in the fridge.
when eating the fish, it is best to go with rice. Make sure there are no bones before mixing it into the rice. It is best to eat the whole fish on the same day once it is steam, to get the freshness of the fish. Try making this steam fish, and you will enjoy it.
1. Take the frozen Pampano out of the freezer.
2. Take a bowl of hot water and soak the frozen pampano fish in the bowl, to unfrozen it for about 4-5 minutes.
3. Put a pair of dishwasher gloves.
4. Take it out of the bowl.
5. Open the bag with scissors and take the fish out of the bag.
6. Wash the fish
7. Take a knife and fish. At an angle of the knife, scrape off the scales everywhere on the fish. This fish does not have a 8. lot of scales to scrape off. Compare to other fishes. If the fish have a not fresh smell. Put some salt on both sides of the body and inside too!
(Note: putting salt can take the non-fresh smell away.)
9. Take scissors and cut off the mouth guard. Cut a straight line on the stomach almost to the middle
10. Take out all the disgusting intestine, the red guts and also the mouth guard out of the fish.
11. When it is all clean. Rinse inside and make sure there is no dirty thing inside.
12. When done. Rinse the fish again and put it on a plastic bowl to get all the water out.
Preparing the onions, mixed peppers and ginger:
1. Take an onion. Use a knife peeler and peel the onion skin.
2. Place it on the cutting board. Cut each onion in half. Put it on the side and cut it into slices.
3. Take ginger. Use a slice cutter and slice the ginger into strips of pieces
4. Place them into a bowl and set it aside.
5. Take a bag of small peppers.
6. Take a slice cutter and make sure the knife is attach to the slice cutter.
7. Slice the yellow and red peppers into slices.
8. Place them into a bowl and set it aside.
Marinating the fish:
1. put the fish on the plate.
2. sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and pour some soya sauce and turmeric on the body
3. Repeat the same steps on the other side of the fish.
4. Inside the fish, sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and pour some soya sauce, turmeric and Chinese cooking wine.
5. Spread some onions on top of the fish, inside and some at the bottom of the plate.
6. In the bowl, take some sliced ginger strips and spread them on top of the fish. Then put some inside the fish.
(Note: Marinating inside the fish and putting ginger and onions can take the non-fresh smell out of the fish.)
7. Take some slice yellow and red peppers and place it on top of the pampano.
Steaming the pampano fish:
1. In the cupboard, Take a large pan and place it on the stove.
2. Put some water, the amount you need to steam the fish.
3. Put a steamer tray. Close the lid.
4. Once the water starts boiling, put the fish inside the steamer tray and close the lid.
5. Cook the fish for about 12 minutes and extra timing to unsure it is properly cooked.
6. Once the fish is ready. Use a knife and stick it in the middle to see if it touches the bone. Then you know it’s ready. If not, you need to cook a bit longer.
7. Once it is ready. Turn of the heat.
8. Take some green onions. Wash and cut into small pieces.
9. Sprinkle some on top of the pampano fish.
10. Place the left over into a small bowl.
11. Place it back into the fridge.
12. Use a plate clipper and take out the fish from the steamer and place it on the table.