This is the 2nd time I steamed soft tofu topped with coriander. It is very simple food to make, and it does not take long. You can have this tofu dish in no time. This is the healthiest way of making a dish of steam tofu.
I decided to use soft tofu because it’s easier to eat, and it’s not hard. Look at how beautiful the colours came out with some coriander to brighten the colour. The soft round tofu can be found at a Chinese supermarket.
All you need to do is cut the soft tofu package in half where the line indicated. Cut the handle and the other half two corners. Take it out from the package carefully into a plate. Slowly cut into round pieces.
Take a portable steamer or a pot. Pour in some water. Put a steamer tray or a wire rack. Close the lid and turn the heat to high. When the water starts boiling, open the lid. Use a plate clipper or a kitchen mitten and put the plate of soft tofu in the steamer. Be careful, the steamer is hot. Steam the tofu at medium heat for 10 minutes. When ready, use a plate clipper and take out the plate of soft tofu and place it on the table. Take some coriander and wash it very clean without any dirt. Cut into pieces. Sprinkle some coriander on top of the tofu.
Kids and adults would love this tofu dish. You can have this for lunch or dinner. You can have the soft tofu topped with coriander with rice. You can mix the tofu with rice. I like this dish a lot. It is very delicious. Once you eat it, you will like it a lot. Try the recipe and enjoy.
1. In the fridge, take the soft tofu roll package. Cut the package in half where the line indicated. Cut the handling package and the other half of the 2 corners.
2. Drain out all the water as much as possible.
3. Slowly pour out the soft tofu onto a plate.
4. Use a knife and slowly cut into round pieces.
(Note: if you cut the soft tofu too hard, it will break easily.)
5. Slide the soft tofu in one direction towards yourself.
6. Repeat the same thing on the other side layer.
7. When ready, Set the soft tofu aside.
Steaming the tofu:
1. In the cupboard, take out a portable steamer or a pot. Place it on the stove or the table.
2. Put in some water and turn on the heat to high.
3. Place a steamer tray on the steamer and close the lid.
4. Once the water is boiling, open the lid. Use a plate clipper or kitchen mittens and place the plate of soft tofu topped with green onions and sliced red peppers into the steamer tray.
5. Steam the tofu for 10 minutes at medium heat.
6. When the time is ready, turn off the heat.
7. Use a plate clipper and take out the plate of soft tofu and place it on the table.
8. Take some coriander and wash it very clean without any dirty stuff.
9. Place it on a cutting board and cut into pieces.
10. sprinkle some on top of the tofu.