A yu choy when is put in the large pan, you can hear a sizzling sound. It smells so good while stir-frying in a large pan. It can make you feel hungry. While cooking the yu choy, I decided to put some ginger and garlic to make the dish tastier and better. You can cook the Yu choy the texture of your desire. I like it tender because it is easier to eat.
Look at how green the Yu came out of the large pan. It cooked perfectly, and it tastes so good. I like it a lot. It is one of my favourite Chinese vegetables. Yu choy can be bought at a Chinese supermarket. It usually comes in packages.
This yu choy is very healthy. Eating green vegetables is good for the eyes. If you’re a vegetarian, this can be a perfect dish to make. You can cook it the way you like, as your desire.
Kids and adults will love this dish a lot. The best combination with this dish is rice or noodles. You can have this for lunch or dinner. When you have no idea what kind of vegetable to make on that day, you can consider making this yu choy. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Washing yu choy:
1. Take the package of yu choy out of the fridge.
2. In the cupboard, take out a strainer and a big container to wash the yu choy.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take a strainer and place it on the other sink.
4. Take the yu choy out of the package and place it in the big container.
5. Separate each yu choy apart. Use a knife and cut off the hard part.
6. Open each yu choy wide and wash it in the water very clean, make sure there is no dirty stuff in the vegetable.
7. Open the cold water and fill the container with water. Take the yu choy in each hand. Turn it upside down and separate apart and shake it in the water.
(Note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
8. Each time a piece is washed, place it in the strainer.
9. Check the water if there is any dirty stuff. Once the water is clear, that means the watercress is clean.
10. Fill the container with water and wash the yu choy four times. Once it’s all washed, put it aside.
(Note: make sure it is all clean and has no dirty stuff.)
Preparing garlic and ginger:
1. Take garlic. Use a knife and peel the skins.
2. Take the garlic’s. Place it on a cutting board and cut it into pieces.
3. Take a ginger. Use a spoon and peel the skin.
4. Place the ginger on a cutting board.
5. Cut the ginger into pieces and place it in a bowl and set it aside.
1. Take out a large pan and place it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put some oil.
4. Put garlic’s into the large pan and stir until done.
5. Put the yu choy into the large pan and stir a bit.
6. Pour a bit of water into the large pan. Close the lid.
7. When water starts boiling, open the lid. Put a bit of salt, garlic powder and light soya sauce. Stir to mix.
(Note: Keeping the lid off will prevent watercress from not a good colour.)
8. Taste a piece of yu choy to check if it is the desired texture.
(Note: Do not cook the yu choy too tender, or it will not taste good.)
9. When the texture is right. Let it cook for a bit to ensure it is properly cooked.
10. Once done, scoop it onto a plate and place it on the table.