This is a stir-fried Taiwanese cabbage with sliced hotdogs, red radish topped with green onions. I decided to use a Taiwanese cabbage to make this dish. Taiwanese is a large cabbage with a flat head. Usually you can find Taiwanese cabbage at a Chinese supermarket.
Taiwanese cabbage is a source of vitamin C, an antioxidant that can help repair damage within the skin and protects the immune system. The cabbage also has some iron, vitamin B6, calcium, and magnesium.
I also decided to use hotdogs to have some meat to brighten the color of this dish. It is very simple to make and it does not take long.
To make this dish, first I take a Taiwanese cabbage and seperate cabbage pieces apart and put it into a bowl. Rinse the cabbage and set it aside.
Second I boiled the hotdogs. It is fast and easy and it does not take long. I took the frozen hotdogs out of the freezer. I put as many that I will eat into a strainer and rinse it to separate the hotdogs apart from each other.
I take out a large pan and put it on the stove. I put some water, and turn the heat to high. I pour the hotdogs and close the lid. When the water starts boiling, let it cook in the boiling water for 5 minutes. You will notice the hotdogs have expand big. When it is ready, use a tong and place all the hotdogs onto a cutting board and cut the hotdogs in a slanted angle and cut them into pieces.
Third, I cook the cabbage, hotdogs, red radish, and green onions. Wash the large pan and re-use the same pan. Take some onions and cut into pieces. Use a slice cutter and cut the red radish into slice pieces and place it onto a bowl. Turn the heat to high. When the pan is hot, put in some onions and stir until they are done.
Once they are done pour in the cabbages. Stir a bit. Pour in some water and close the lid. Let it cook for a bit. Open the lid and taste to see if it’s the right texture. Some people might like it tender, crunchy or tender and a bit crunchy. It all depends on your preference taste of texture. Once it is the right texture, pour in the hotdogs, red radish and green onions. Mix it altogether. When it is ready, turn off the heat and put it all into a plate.
Kids and adults would love this dish a lot. You can have this with rice or noodles. Whichever you choose as your desire. If you do not like having hotdogs in the dish, you can just stir-fried a vegetarian dish of Taiwanese cabbage. It will be good and healthy. Having the meat in the dish can have more to eat with the additional of red radish and green onions. I really like the dish a lot. If you have never eaten a Taiwanese cabbage, you can give it a try. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Preparing the Taiwanese cabbage:
1. In the fridge take out the Taiwanese cabbage.
2. If you see bad parts on the Taiwanese cabbage, use a knife and cut it off.
3. Take a mixing bowl and seperate the cabbage and put it directly into the bowl.
4. Rinise the cabbage 2-3 times and pour the water out.
5. Set the bowl of cabbage aside.
Preparing the red radish and green onions:
1. Take a 2-3 radish.
2. Cut off the both end parts.
3. Take a slice cutter and slice the red radish directky into a bowl.
(Note: Be careful not to cut yourself.)
4. When it is all sliced up. Set the bowl aside.
5. In the fridge, take out some green onions.
6. Rinse the green onions and make sure it is clean.
7. Use a cloth and dry the green onions.
8. Cut the green onions into small pieces.
9. Put the green onions into a bowl and set it aside.
Preparing the onion:
1. In the bag, take an onion. Use a knife and peel the skins.
2. Place it on the cutting board.
3. Cut it in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices.
4. Put the onions in a bowl and set them aside.
Cooking the hotdogs:
1. Take the package of hot dog out of the freezer.
2. Take out as many hot dogs as many needed to eat and put it in the strainer.
3. Rinse the hot dog and put it over a bowl to prevent the water from dripping everywhere.
Put it aside.
4. In the cupboard, take out a sauce pan and put it on the stove.
5. Put in some water.
6. Turn the heat to high.
7. Pour the hot dogs into the sauce pan and close the lid.
8. When the water starts boiling, you will see the hot dogs expand big.
9. Let it sit and cook in the boiling water for 5 minutes.
10. When the time is up, turn off the heat.
11. Use a tong and put all the hotdogs onto a plate and set it aside.
Cutting the hotdogs:
1. Take a cutting board and knife.
2. Put the hotdog on the cutting board.
3. Cut each hotdog in a slanted pieces.
4. when it is all cut. Put it on the plate.
Cooking the Taiwanese cabbage, hotdogs and red radish:
1. In the cupboard, take out a large pan and put it on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put in some oil.
4. Put some onions into the frying pan and stir until done.
5. Pour in the bowl of Taiwanese cabbage.
(Note: If the pieces of cabbages are big, you can use a kitchen sisscors and cut
them into pieces.)
6. Stir the cabbage a bit.
7. Put in some water and close the lid.
8. Let the cabbages cook for 12 mins.
9. When the time is up. Open the lid.
10. Taste and see if the texture is right. Once the texture is right that means it is ready.
If not then it needs to be cook a bit longer.
11. Once the cabbages are ready. Pour in the red radish and sliced pieces of hotdogs into
the large pan and mix it altogether.
12. When it is done. Turn off the heat and scoop up all the Taiwanese cabbage, hotdogs and red radish
onto a plate and place it on the table.