A Shanghai bok choy with garlic and onions. when it is put in a non-stick pan, it smell so good and delcious. It very simple dish to make. The only part that took the longest was washing the Shanghai bok choy. You need to wash them 3-4 times until there are no more dirty stuff. When you see the water clear. That means they are very clean.
A Shanghai bok choy can be bought at a Chinese supermarket. Shanghai bok choy and bok choy are different. Shanghai bok choy has a wade Jade colour stalk, and bok choy is almost like cabbage, and baby bok choy has white stalks and dark green ones. That is how you can tell the different bok choy.
Look how perfectly the Shanghai bok choy came out of the non-stick pan. It is very green and cooked to the right timing. Stir-frying the shanghai bok choy can be cooked to the texture of your desire. Some likes it crunchy and other might like it tender. I like it a bit crunchy and some tender. Putting season is your perference. Some like it spicy and other like it natural without any seasoning. You can cook it the way you like it and can share it with friends and family.
Kids and adults would like this stir-fried Shanghai bok choy. It is very healthy and good for the eyes. The colour of this dish came out very nice. It tasty and delicious. You can have this for lunch or dinner. This is a good combination with rice. If you are a vegetarian, This will be a perfect dish to make. If you have no idea what kind of vegetable dish to make. This can be a good choice of a dish to make. Try the recipe and enjoy.
1. Take the package of Shanghai bok choy and set it aside.
2. In the cupboard, take out a strainer and a big container to wash the shanghai bok choy.
3. Place the large container in the sink. Take the strainer, and place it on the other sink or on the counter with a container to hold the strainer from the water dripping everywhere.
4. Take the shanghai bok choy out of the package and place it in the big container.
5. Separate each shanghai bok choy pieces apart.
6. Cut the end part.
7. Open the cold water and fill it up. While washing, shake each piece in the water to take the dirty stuff out and rinse it with tap water.
(Note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
8. Each timepiece of shanghai bok choy is wash, place in the strainer.
9. Repeat the same step by washing the shanghai bok choy 3-4 times.
10. The last washing. Soak it in the water for a few seconds, and place it onto a strainer and set it aside.
Preparing the onions:
1. In the bag, take an onion and place it on the cutting board. Cut off the two ends
2. Peel the skins, and cut the onion in half. Place it on the side and cut it into slices.
3. Place the onions in a bowl and set them aside..
4. Take 2 ginger.
5. Take a flat knife. Place the knife on top of the garlic. Use your palm and hit the flat part hard.
6. repeat the same thing for the other garlic.
1. In the cupboard, take out a large pan and place it on the stove.
2. Turn on the heat to high.
3. When the pan is hot, put some oil.
4. Put the onions and garlic in the pan.
5. Use a wooden cooking spatula and stir the garlic, and onions until done.
6. Put in the Shanghai bok choy in the pan. You will hear a sizzling sound.
7. Stir the Shanghai for a few seconds.
8. Sprinkle some salt, garlic powder and a bit of soya sauce and stir to mix.
9. Pour a bit of water and close the lid.
(Note: If you let it sit and cook too long, the colour will not look greenly.)
10. When the water starts boiling, let it boil for a few seconds.
11. Take a piece and taste if it’s a bit crunchy or tender. If it’s the right texture, that means it is ready. If not, needs to cook it a bit longer.
12. When the Shanghai bok choy is ready, turn off the heat. Take a plate and put all the Shangai bok choy and place it on the table.