This boiled napa cabbage with white radish and tofu is simple to make. I decided to use an old-style rice cooker with a congee function. I did not add any seasoning. Just simple and natural. It is very healthy and does not contain any oil.
All you need to do is separate the napa cabbage, as many as you need to boil in a mixing bowl. If you see dirty stuff in the cabbage. The needs to be washed 3-4 times. First, shake the cabbage in the water and rinse and place it in a strainer. Continue washing until the water is clear without any dirty stuff. Once it is clean, set it aside.
If the white radish is too big, you can cut it in half and save the other half to use next time. Rinse and peel the skin. Place the knife at an angle and cut into pieces directly into a mixing bowl. Then rinse and set it aside.
I decided to use silk tofu because it is soft and easy to eat. You just need to remove water from the package and cut into pieces directly in the package. The silk tofu is boiled in the rice cooker last because they cook fast.
First, I cook the white radish because they take longer to cook. It takes about 20-30 minutes. To know if it’s tender. Insert a large toothpick. If it goes through, that means it is ready. Second, I cook the napa cabbage. Boil until it is tender. Don’t overcook the napa cabbage, or it will not taste good. Third, I pour the package of cut tofu into the rice cooker. Boil the tofu until the water starts boiling and let sit in the boiling water for 1-2 minutes.. When ready, put it onto a plate and set it aside.
Kids and adults would love these boiled napa cabbage with white radish and tofu . It’s healthy and very delicious. I like it a lot. You can have these for lunch or dinner. The best combination that goes well with this dish is rice or noodles. The boiling water that is left in the rice cooker, you can drink it as a soup or use it as a soup base for noodles. Boiling food is very healthy. It is very delicious, and I like it a lot. When you want to eat healthy, you can boil nappa cabbage with white radish and tofu. Try the recipe and enjoy.
Washing the napa cabbage:
1. In the fridge, take out a napa cabbage.
2. Take a mid-size container and place it in the sink. Take out another strainer and put it on the other sink.
3. Peel off as many pieces of napa cabbage as you needed directly into the big container.
4. Whatever is leftover, wrap it with a plastic wrapper and place it in the fridge.
5. Fill the container with cold water. Turn it upside down and shake it in the water. Then rinse it.
(Note: Make sure all the dirty stuff is out and each vegetable is clean.)
6. For each piece that’s wash place it in the other sink strainer.
7. Wash the napa cabbages 3-4 times.
8. Each time you finish washing a batch. Make sure to change the water from the container.
(note: when you see no more dirty stuff in the container water, that means the napa cabbage is clean.)
9. Once finish washing the cabbage. Put it aside.
Preparing the white radish:
1. Take the White Radish out of the fridge.
2. Take a cutting board and cut the white radish in half, or you can use the whole white radish.
(Note: If not using the other half, you can wrap it up with a plastic wrapper and put it in the fridge to use next time.)
3. Take a knife peeler and peel off the skin directly into the garbage.
4. Place the white radish on a cutting board. Take a knife and place it at an angle. While in each turn, cut the white radish into pieces and put it directly into a mixing bowl.
5. When all is cut up and put into the mixing bowl, rinse the white radish and set it aside.
Preparing the tofu:.
1. Take tofu out of the fridge.
2. Open the package, drain all the water into the sink.
3. Leave the tofu in the package. Take a knife cut the tofu
into pieces and set it aside.
1. Take out a rice cooker that has a congee function. Plug in the plug
2. Fill the rice cooker with water. The amount you need to boil.
3. Turn the rice cooker to rice cook. Wait for the water to start boiling.
4. When the water starts boiling add in the White radish into the rice cooker.
5. Boiled and simmer in the rice cooker for 20-25 minutes.
6. When the water starts boiling again and 25 minutes is ready. Take a pieces of
white radish and taste if it’s tender. Take a fork and if it goes through the white radish, that means
it is ready. If not, you need to cook it a bit longer.
7. Once ready, take a skimmer spoon up some white radish and put it on the plate.
8. Take the bowl of napa cabbage and pour it into the rice cooker.
9. Close the lid and boil for 5-10 minutes.
(Keep an eye on the rice cooker because the napa cabbage can cook fast.)
10. Once water starts boiling and 5-10 minutes is ready, Open the lid and take a fork and feel
if the napa cabbage is tender.
11. Once tender, it is ready. Take a skimmer spoon and take out all the napa cabbage
and place it on the same plate of the white radish.
12. Pour the cut up tofu package slowly into the rice cooker.
(Note: Be careful of the water when putting the tofu in the hot water because it can splash on you.)
13. When the tofu starts boiling in the water, let it boil for another 1-2 minutes.
Once it is ready. Take a skimmer spoon and scoop up some tofu, and place it onto the same
plate of white radish and nappa.
(Note: Be careful placing the tofu on the plate because they are delicate
and easy to brake.)
14. Now you have a plate of nappa cabbage with white radish and tofu.